PDA

View Full Version : another final gathering post

dmonk
03-06-2002, 04:44 AM
I've read tutorials that say when you use final gathering you should turn the intensity of your light source to 0 and the ambience to 0 also. What I seem to be getting is a really really dark render. I correct this by turning the intensity of my light up and after adjusting I gett what I want eventually. I wanna know whether or not in these tutorials they mean turn the rgb color values to 0 or the soft light intensity?
or am I just a morn who should sto posting dumb questions

MrMunkily
03-15-2002, 10:42 AM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I think you are reffering to lighting with skydomes. There, you have no real active light, but Final Gathering just won't work without any lights. So, putting in a simple point light with no RGB value or intensity will "turn on" FG in the render. With a real light source, I don't think turning down the intensity will help in any case, becase you aren't going for a skydome-irradiance effect...

DarkSun
03-15-2002, 01:45 PM
Hi,
I am using Volumetric Fog for lighting my scene for FG. It works pretty good. It works well. hope this helps:)

Atyss
03-15-2002, 07:55 PM
Bonjour dmonk,

For the skydome you must use a constant color.

What happens is the FG takes into account the intensity of the color. For example, if you place a contrasted picture on a plane next to the scene (and the plane being constant white), you'll see that the scene has constrasted lighting. Take a rainbow: this will create a multi-colored lighting into the scene. This technique is very suited to light a sunset scene.

Putting the materials to constant will make them emit their own light. Try also playing with the Radiance parameter of the scene objects.

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.