PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Down the Toilet

lostmantech
03-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Hey guys,

Im stressing out, because Im working on my senior project and one of my characters is a teddy bear with fur. Now i rendered about 150 frames last night and the lighting in the targas as a sequence looks like it was rendered on 2 different computers, because it goes from nice lighting to slightly washed out, then flickers back to the nice again. There is a spot light on the fur and the fur looks the same, however the surrounding environment is where you can tell the lighting is wierd. Im just wondering if anyone out there has come across this problem. The lights arent animated, and none of them change intensities at all. Its just a wierd flickering effect that I dont understand at all. Might there be a reason why the lighting is inconsisant even when the attributes dont change at all? Please help!

Thanks

Lorecanth
03-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Well the first question that comes to mind is are there any specific reasons you're not rendering in passes. Fur is a nightmere and you're killing yourself to not do so.

Secondly as far as lighting inconsistency you're going to have to specify which renderer you're using.

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2006, 07:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.