PDA

View Full Version : Still: Texture and Illumination study

LucianoNeves
12-19-2002, 11:43 PM
Now ? :thumbsup:

oracle
12-19-2002, 11:50 PM
Looks good... but perhaps you should give the thread a meaningful title before the mod's delete it.

See here (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31137).

Mvespa
12-19-2002, 11:52 PM
Very good work! :thumbsup:
Nice textures and illumination. I like it very much!

PS: Parabéns! ;)

leigh
12-20-2002, 12:15 AM
Luciano Neves, since you are new to the forum, I will not delete your thread, but please be aware that your thread is incorrectly named for this forum. I have given it a new name, but please read the rules of this forum before posting.

There is also no need to keep posting new threads because your images are not working. If you are having a problem posting images, kindly contact one of the moderators.

Welcome to the forum :)

eunuchbot
12-20-2002, 02:22 AM
not bad, what program?

Gyan
12-20-2002, 03:37 AM
Nice image.

One crit though. The sky texture you've used seems(to my eye) to have the sun in the top-right quadrant judging by the orangish hues and a slightly greater illumination in that area, but the side of the ledge above the stairs seems to be brightly illuminated although its facing the other side.

g3n
12-20-2002, 07:32 AM
yep, good work, however, the scene looks a bit empty but hey, it was a lightning test? :) good work

LucianoNeves
12-20-2002, 07:46 PM
:bounce:

Sorry about my mistake....now I will reading the rules.
I made this image with 3D Max 5 and I used the Light Tracer and just 2 lights.
I still have to make some changes....when that image is finish I try to send again.

Thanks a lot friends and Merry Christmas

Abominable
12-20-2002, 10:52 PM
This is cool, but some lighting to me seems off. Right where we are standing/the camera it seems pretty light above us on the slab, thats ok, but up the steps on the second slab the shadow on the underside is rather dark. Thats not my crit becuase i dont know what the architecture behind us is, but look at the intensity of the light on the side of that upper slab...its almost blown out, so if the source is that bright I think there would be way more bounce to fill the underside of that upper slab. Just my opinion. Good work....:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.