PDA

View Full Version : LW character lip syncs?

theengram
03-06-2002, 04:15 AM
Ok...I'm not too excited about how inaccurate lightwave seems to be scrubbing and syncing audio with my animation. But I may just be too inexperienced.

Do you guys go the way of the Scene Editor to do your lip syncs...or do you have to use something else like Mag pie Pro?

Thanks guys
theengram

Facial Deluxe
03-06-2002, 07:53 PM
Well, I've done some Lypsync using the scene editor audio.
I loosed synchro ASA I previewed from a frame different from 0.
Starting preview from 0 works well. But too bad if you have too long synchro to do...

jambhala
03-06-2002, 10:16 PM
Hello, it isn't hard enough. When you have all your morphrs, load your object into layout, go to object properties ("p") and in deform tab load Morph Mixer Modifier. There you have all your poses, can be animated using the slider control. Then, go to scene editor, in audio tab click on load audio, select it (only supports uncompressed WAV files), the audio wave now appears in frame slider. Now seeing that wave and listening to the wav you have to animate your caracter using morph mixer. Be carefull with movements curves. Good luck. Here you have an example i have done: http://www.bokeron-fx.com/animacion/videos/sync/sync_high.avi

Greetings, Carlos Reding.
info@bokeron-fx.com

ToddG
03-07-2002, 09:20 AM
i do everything pretty much traditional style . . . using dopesheets. listening to the dialogue in premiere or magpie and making note of where (framewise) the phonetic extremes are. i know magpie has a dopesheet in it as well which is also handy but i prefer to do things the old fashioned way with pencil to paper

theengram
03-07-2002, 10:57 PM
Thanks guys,

The main problem I'm having with syncing audio in LW comes more if the audio starts after frame 0. Because for what I'm trying to do...the lip sync can't start until like frame 700 or so. I just didn't realize that this was one of Lightwave's weaknesses until recently.

And Todd, I think you are right...the dopesheet...whether traditional or in Magpie is the best way to go. So I bought it yesterday...thanks.

I appreciate all the help.
theengram

Facial Deluxe
03-07-2002, 11:23 PM
Yeah that "after frame 0" trouble is really boring...

Theengram, tell me your feelings after trying Magpie (Pro?), I'm interested as I may have to buy it.

Cheers.

Facial.

Facial Deluxe
03-07-2002, 11:58 PM
Forgot to say jambhala, nice anim !

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.