PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem...

Fanko
03-21-2006, 07:59 PM
I am having this well annoying problem. after the first time I installed painter 9, every time i paint or draw something (as in every stroke), it makes this "ding" sound, so if I draw continously, it will sound like "dingdingdingding.......", beside, like, the program seems to function normal. A while, i just couldn't take it anymore, i reinstalled painter and the problem was gone.. but now it comes back again.. The weird things is only when i use brush will make that noise, clicking another things or using other tools in the program will cause this problem. anyone here have this problem??

steve_szoczei
03-22-2006, 04:46 AM
I have not seen, or rather heard, of this issue before.

What system OS are you using?

Does this only happen in Painter?

Would like to help... but need more bakground

cheers

steve

Fanko
03-22-2006, 11:37 AM
I am using window 2000 professional, yes, it's just like that when i use painter, and it only happens when I use the brush tool. when stroke it makes this noise. I thought something is obsructing the operation, but it draws fine, it's just making this noise that annoys me. I am using a tablet as well, but i try to click with a mouse, its the same, so I am not sure it has anything to do with it.
Thanks

ThePhotographer
03-22-2006, 01:25 PM
I just installed two Graphire 4 tablets today in my sons rooms (7 and 9 - yes, you can call me a sweet Mummy !)

Going to the Wacom settings in the Control Panel (is it called this way in English), I noticed that there was an option for sound. Try to go there and see if you can correct the problem from there.

Fanko
03-23-2006, 10:38 PM
mine is a graphire 2.. quite old one.. there isn't any sound option in control panel

Taltos
03-24-2006, 02:33 PM
did you try the newest driver? as far as i can see newest one for your setup is 4.93-3 RC. Wacom link (http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/downloads/driver/index.asp)

Fanko
03-24-2006, 02:35 PM
yes, it is :(

RafalH
03-29-2006, 09:58 AM
that sounds like windows error to me - it happens occasionally to me, while some other program is running in the background, and the system is complaining it cant keep up. Are you running anitivus stuff or something demanding besidez painter?

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2006, 09:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.