PDA

View Full Version : Renderama Crashes While Stitching...

Giacomo_M
03-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Hello-

My problem du jour is that Renderama (using two cameras on a Mac dual 2.5 G5) just crashed while trying to stitch a big image. It rendered both halves just fine and then quit unexpectedly (before "stitching image" came up in the status line.)

(Fortunately, the two halves were saved separately under the name "Renderama Output.img" in each of the Camera folders, so I was able to stitch them manually in Photoshop.)

My question is: has anyone else had this problem? Is this related to RAM usage?

Please advise.

GM

Vizfizz
03-21-2006, 08:35 PM
I've seen it happen to me before...but the problem wasn't consistant. After the crash I would restart and it would finish stitching. Sorry I can't be more help.

Giacomo_M
03-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Yes.

Renderama seems to behave spottily when executing hi-res (i.e, print-resolution) renders with GI--either running out of memory, or quitting, or whatever.

Oh well. Hopefully this'll get resolved in a future release.

GM

MagicEgger
04-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey,

Iím testing it right now.. lets see what will happen in the new Rama version.
Rama was having a weird random bug which add a wrong frame (or more) of a animation in the wrong position of a stitched render.

Thanksss

Tomas

monday1313
04-21-2006, 01:55 AM
this probably isn't the solution you're looking for..but for those that don't know..when you render out a movie file in the img codec that is bigger that 2 gigs, it'll crash. the work around is use the animation codec, just make sure you enable millions+ if you want the alpha channel...and don't use the keyframes in the animation codec options menu...it causes all kinds of artifacts...

hope that helps somebody...

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2006, 01:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.