PDA

View Full Version : Convert to file - copying color to new UVmap?

Absolute
03-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Hi All,
Can this be done, I'm pretty sure I've seen it done - but... how??
I have a headscan that has been textured with a wierd atlas image projection and I want
to copy/bake the colour information from this maps onto one cylindrical map for
easy editing - Any ideas -

I'm trying "convert to file" but I don't know how to get it to output the
bitmap to an alternative uvmap.

Thanks for any help!
Chris.

MaNdRaK18
03-22-2006, 09:11 PM
First step is to make new UV set on Your object, create UV's in way You'd like them, then change the existing shader with Your old texture applied into surface shader. This will provide You with baking only color without light computations.
Then You have to bake the texture with Lighting/Shading > Batch Bake (mental ray), but invoke option box to set up few attributes.
You can leave most of default options on, except following:
- 'Prefix'; which You should set to whatever name You want Your file to be called,
- 'X' and 'Y Resolution' ; chose Your new file resolution here,
- 'Number Of Samples' ; boost this,
- 'Fill Texture Seams' ; work on this. This is overbake outside of UV seams, but I ain't sure is the measure in pixels or percentage of resoultion, check that out;
and finally the most important for You
- 'Override mesh UV set assignments' ; which You should enable and write down the name of Your 'good' UV set that You want to use for new made texture.
After the rendering is completed, file will be stored in [project]\mentalRay\lightMap folder.
Hope this helps,

MaNdRaK

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2006, 09:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.