PDA

View Full Version : Character: Snake with texture

jab
12-19-2002, 07:23 PM
Ok,

Sorry I was unaware of the rule changes.

This was originally modeled in lightwave and rendered in a cell-shaded style. For my photoshop class I chose to create texture maps in photoshop for use in 3d for my final project. So the model was imported into maya and here is the fruit of my labors. I would love to hear your crits.

LordShaitan
12-19-2002, 07:30 PM
if its suppose to be a cobra then give it its hood of skin behind the head. I dont know of any other snakes that would lift its head as high as that. If its not a cobra, the i suggest making the model of the snake thicker in the body.

Looks good though, i would just like to know what type of snake you modeled it after.

psilipsycho
12-19-2002, 08:05 PM
I agree. The texture is nice and the head looks cool but at this angle the body looks a little to thin.

jab
12-19-2002, 09:59 PM
Well when I modeled the snake I was looking at references of Gaboon Vipers and Puff Adders. I really liked the shape of their heads. When I decided to texture it which was some time later I was looking at references of grass snakes. So all in all I guess you can say it's a cross breed;). I wasn't to worried about making an exact replica of a specific species of snake. I hear you about the body though. I will 'fatten' him up a bit thanks to your insight. As for the pose, yes it is rare to see a snake posed like this, even cobras don't generally stand like that, their bodies more or less come strait down after their head. I was more interested in giving the snake a little more character then doing a traditional still-life, even if it meant sacrificing realism.

But anyway thanks for the comments guys I'll work on it some more

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.