PDA

View Full Version : character: my first post here... :)

kribz
12-19-2002, 06:53 PM
this is my first post here...this strange man is a cartoon character i modelled as a schoolproject....my first real try at modelling a somewhat realistic body....what du u guys think of this?

LordShaitan
12-19-2002, 07:25 PM
wel you say your going for a realistic body, looks like you almost go it there. The feet could use work, and it would help to if the lighting would help so more of the model.

You said your going for a realistic bod, what about the head, from what i see thats not ralistic at all.

The thing that doesnt make it completely realistic is that static stance hes in. nobody ever stands that way.

The shadws need wrk as well. ncrease the size of the bitmap for the shaddows, plus the maing light (Being frm outside) should be the only real shadow, but there is more in there then that. Although i know there is another light in the scene, it still shouldnt be that harsh.

Hope that helpd you

kribz
12-19-2002, 09:32 PM
i surely know about the feet...ive seen it to...ill fix that soon..about the realistic look...hes not supposed to be THAT realistic...but i think its a difference when u go for a 100% cartoon and the look that i went for here...if u know what i mean...(at least i know what i mean...)

the shadows are a nightmare...i did try everything :( , including increasing dmap resolution ( i use maya by the way)...dmap filter size...etc. it simply will not look the way i want it to...if anyone has a suggestion what else it might be causing the crappy shadows...besides the fact that i suck :) i would be very greatful

about the stativ stand hes in...u r absolutely right...i never thought about that..sometimes u get kind of blind with your own work u know....thanx for the criticue... ill post another image when i have troed to correct my errors... :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.