PDA

View Full Version : Duplicating the arm across the -Z or -X axis

csc2h
03-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Im rigging this character and have setup the arm and the hand controls with ik/fk blending, sdk in the fingers, etc...I want to take the whole rig and duplicate it across the -X axis...I know you can group the whole arm and do this with "duplicate input graph" so it grabs all the nodes in the hierarchy under that group when it is duplicated - and everything works fine, EXCEPT on my FK arm the rotation is backwards, and it is backwards in a few other places... I have a very unique hand setup I am trying to preserve and do not want to set it up again (took a while) so I was wondering if anyone knows how to get around this problem or how to get that whole arm and its controls with all of the SDK nodes and constraints, etc to the right side of the character??

Triple-Q
03-22-2006, 04:46 PM
if your rigging i would suggest not to duplicate but just make everything again by the hand or else you'll get messed up... even if its alot of work, and i see you did lots of shit... duplicating rigs will give negative conflicts if your not carefull and want to spend lots of time instead of just making it again.

ctrl + D is duplicating anything for if you dont know... i dont know how to mirror rigs...

Goon
03-22-2006, 07:46 PM
you should be using mirror joints (set to behaviour) and building it up from there. it doesn't actually take that long, though it can be quite annoying and is a good reason for having a scripted setup.

Triple-Q
03-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah well.... only if you know about scripts LOL

Is there maybe a tutorial on how to haandle scripts? and what and how to do?

could be very awesome

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2006, 10:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.