PDA

View Full Version : need to went frustration. why is rigging so hard?

E.T
12-19-2002, 03:41 PM
sorry but i need to whine for a while. and you guys probably know what im talking about.

It seems everytime i learn somthing new in 3D (no matter what software) i realize i need to learn something else to even have a chance of doing it right.
Now ive been trying to rig the same character in max5 and in softimage XSI. With totally different results.
in max 5 the upper body was very easy to rig. Worked after 5 minutes. (well almost, you know what i mean). but the legs were totally f---ed up.

In XSI the legs worked, well at least pretty nice. Upper body...
I realise again i know too little of too much. :annoyed:

i want to animate now. i dont want to learn more techstuff. :(

Im tired. my brain hurts.

there it feels better now.

Lunatique
12-20-2002, 05:38 AM
Doesn't XSI come with pre-made rig? Why don't you just animate with that?

E.T
12-20-2002, 07:24 AM
yeah it does. only i need to envelope it to my mesh. And thats been the problem so far. i realise i was a bit unclear in my choice of subject. maybe it shouldve been enveloping. But i find the whole process to be very hard, and terrbily frustrating

E.T

anthonymcgrath
12-20-2002, 01:24 PM
"the whole process to be very hard, and terribly frustrating"

...the world of cg summed up in one lovely little sentence. aren't words great!

merry xmas everyone! :thumbsup:

E.T
12-21-2002, 12:00 PM
hehe :)
Merry Xmas to you too.:love:

laalaa
12-21-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by anthonymcgrath
"the whole process to be very hard, and terribly frustrating"

...the world of cg summed up in one lovely little sentence. aren't words great!

Absolutely NOT TRUE. You gotta change your field if you feel that way. Most of the time i feel terribly lucky to be doing this, and rarely feel frustrated... well, sometimes when im rigging though. ;)

X.S.N.R.G
12-21-2002, 09:26 PM
Rigging is tuff to learn. and new better faster ways are constantly being developed normaly before your finished with your current project! Dont ya hate it when you are almost done with a character rig, or you have been working all night on a killer script and you read about something that would have cut your time in a third and looked twice as good?? I keep starting over and over trying to get the best rig, so i never finish :hmm: hey this is a rant post right? :) We're setup people, were a rare breed :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.