PDA

View Full Version : Animation References

yellowEye
12-19-2002, 04:35 PM
Hey all. This is my first post here at the forums. My fellow student directed me to this website a week ago, and I must say, the work exhibited here is fabulous! I look forward to displaying some of my artwork in the near future.
Anyway, I am taking an Intro to 3D Animation class here at RIT and our next assignment is to animate "Melvin" jumping on and off a box (in Maya). Our teacher recommended that we use a reference animation of someone jumping on and off a box, but I cant seem to find any and I dont have a video camera. Can anyone direct me to any helpful websites which might contain some reference animations?

Thanks for your time,
Josh

Stephen Vyas
12-20-2002, 08:40 AM
Hello,
I'm not sure if you'll find any place on the net with a video of a guy jumpin off a box, maybe old test animations of other animators. However, you can always pick on a friend and have have him jump off a table a dozen times for ya. Sometimes that's the best reference you can get.
Also, do it yourself a few times. You'll notice that you'll pay more attention to your own body orientation, and weight shifts than any video can show you.

Have fun

Cheers
Steve

yellowEye
12-22-2002, 08:57 PM
thanks for the input... i have another two weeks to finish the animation, so we'll see how it goes. I to have to learn how to model in Maya by then as well.. heh

thanks,
yE

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.