PDA

View Full Version : need help !

jornkk
03-05-2002, 11:45 PM
I have big problem with my rendrings. I have created a low
poly object and metaformed it 4 times to get it really smooth.
But when I try to render this with shadows on it comes
alot of bugs to my object.
I have tried to turn on double sided and it helps a bit, but I still
have a lot of bugs. Can anyone help me with this??
I can post a picture of the problem if it is needed.

Mike RB
03-06-2002, 12:04 AM
its needed

jornkk
03-06-2002, 12:12 AM
http://home.no.net/joekrog/image/cg/picture.jpg
this is with enhanced high antialiasing

ToddG
03-06-2002, 03:12 AM
looks weird . . . is it possible that the model cot copy/pasted onto itself? try tripling the model.

although . . . if youre metaforming it it might be better to just make it a subdiv object and control its level of subdivision in layout

Targ8ter
03-06-2002, 10:07 AM
It does look like you have multiples polygons occupying the same space. Double check that you haven't accidentally copied and pasted the model over itself. Kill any other copies of it. Also, check to see if you haven't somehow created any two-point polys. Kill them if you have.

I'd agree with Todd; a Nurbs object is probably a better bet in this case. Double sided really shouldn't be needed with this object - that fact that it helps seems to suggest mutiple instances of the object.

Bytehawk
03-07-2002, 05:17 AM
look if you don't have 2 point and 1 point poly's in the stats window (key:w whilst in poly mode) select them and press DEL

Jens
03-08-2002, 04:05 AM
I agree with Bytehawk! looks like twopoint polygons! Check info on the polygons!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.