PDA

View Full Version : Production IG Founder to Give Guest Lecture at University of Colorado

RobertoOrtiz
03-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Quote:
"Public Lecture/Film: Japan
The Center for Asian Studies, the Consulate-General of Japan at Denver, and the Japan Foundation are pleased to present Mr. Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, President of Production I.G, who will present some of his company's work and give a talk about Japanese anime.

After graduating from college, Mr. Ishikawa joined the renowned Tatsunoko Production animation company. In 1987, he established an independent animation company called "I.G Tatsunoko," which later was renamed Production I.G. Mr Ishikawa's recognitions include an honorary Ph.D. of Humanities from Lambert University, Chairman Prize at the 18th DCAj Digital Content Grand Prix, and Entrepreneur of the Year for Japan 2003. Following the viewing of "IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix," Mr. Ishikawa will talk about how anime are created as well as the spread of Japanese anime throughout the world.

7:00-9:00 p.m., Eaton Humanities 1B50, at CU-Boulder."

WARNING horrible web page design
http://www.colorado.edu/cas/Mar06calendar.html

-R

chrisWhite
03-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks for posting Roberto, I probably wouldn't have seen it otherwise, hopefully I can make it.

Edit: Wait, CU having bad web design, never, say it isn't so.........sigh

embodiedform
03-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks Roberto for the heads up- I am going to try and make it and hopefully I can post some pictures and impressions from the event:)

Chris: Where is Eaton, can I access that building coming into campus from Broadway (not too familiar w/ CU, if you could PM me with some pointers on getting to the building that would be fantastic!)

igorstshirts
03-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Yo... Bumping this!

Pro anime peeps from Japan in Denver? Say it ain't so... I'll see you guys there.

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2006, 09:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.