PDA

View Full Version : blue's art

bluemonika
03-21-2006, 12:20 PM
hello everybody :) i have been hanging around here on this website for quite a long time but i have always been a bit scared to show something ^^; now i felt that it was time for me to step out of the shadows and to show some of my art. i made this drawing about a year ago but it is one of my best realistic cg art drawings :) however i know that her skin colour is a bit to pale? like...not enough accent for the shadowing and stuff. i tried this often with other cg face practises for realistic drawings but i always end up with way to pale colouring and the shadows never seem to be dark enough >_< anyone have tips for me?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/bluemonika/green-flower.jpg

werd
03-21-2006, 08:53 PM
I like it kinda pale like that, the lips could use a bit of color tho:) its very nice.

doodinator
03-22-2006, 01:08 AM
i love the detail in the leaves. looks good... id also recommend either greenish lipstick or some more reddish natural color.

bluemonika
03-23-2006, 12:23 PM

MVDB
03-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Pretty good piece!
Glad you joined this forum, so you can show us your work!

I would make three(3) new different layers, over this artwork. Make one layer shadow with red, one layer shadow blue and one layer shadow green/yellow..
Play with the transparancy function of all layers and decide what shadow (maybe all 3 of them), to go with..

Hope it helps, just one opinion! :D

Yeah, greenish or some red lipstick would spice this piece up, go for it!

trialanderror
03-23-2006, 02:48 PM
wonderful image, just great!!!:thumbsup:

bluemonika
03-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Pretty good piece!
Glad you joined this forum, so you can show us your work!

I would make three(3) new different layers, over this artwork. Make one layer shadow with red, one layer shadow blue and one layer shadow green/yellow..
Play with the transparancy function of all layers and decide what shadow (maybe all 3 of them), to go with..

Hope it helps, just one opinion! :D

Yeah, greenish or some red lipstick would spice this piece up, go for it!

thanks for the tip :D i will see what i can do ^^

thanks to the rest of the comments as well of course :D

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2006, 03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.