PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Drawing

Indavisual
03-21-2006, 08:21 AM
I was doodling a piece of wood that I turned into a rope bridge falling. Then I doodled a different piece of wood (a log) then decided to make it falling too. Then I decided to make the rest of the drawing and now Im wondering if I made it too busy. Please give crits on this drawing. I haven't done many digital paintings and Im trying to develop my style/techniques. Tell me what you liek and dont like please :PThanks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/IndaDark/cliffD2.jpg

Indavisual
03-21-2006, 08:27 AM
While Im at it, heres another drawing Ive been trying to learn on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/IndaDark/Cave-Painting.jpg

aldog
03-21-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't think it's anywhere close to "too busy" I think it's great, there's so much story in it makes me want to look around for more little things there might be. The only thing is that the balloons and clouds seem finished where as the rest of the peice is a sketch, I think you should finish it up, it would make a great poster

trialanderror
03-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Itīs great! I like it, especially colors, maybe you could define the pose of the guy a little bit more

Indavisual
03-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah Im going to work on it some more. I've only spent about an hour on it. I had a piece of bridge in the extreme FG but took it out. It just seemed to busy maybe if I make it more subtle.

What about the second drawing, any crits?

oogieboogietoogie
03-21-2006, 09:25 PM
On the first drawing: It seems, to me, that are two different "styles" in your drawing. You have the sketchy kinda feeling to the logs, cliff, person, and bridge, whereas the clouds and balloons are cleaner. Perhaps it lends to the feeling that the clouds and balloon are meant to contrast the bridge and logs? I don't know, but it would seem to make sense. Unless you are not trying to go for realism, however, the image looks a bit flat.

On the second drawing: I don't really have that much to critique on this one; it looks unfinished frankly - more like a concept draft. In terms of overall color...the shadows seem fine but I think perhaps identifying a non-fire/torch lightsource outside of the cave.

Keep up the good work! :)

aldog
03-21-2006, 10:06 PM
yah the second one just needs a little work, seems a bit dull.
After that it willbe easier to critique it

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2006, 10:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.