PDA

View Full Version : The New M:i:III Poster! Plus New Trailer

laureato di arte
03-21-2006, 03:24 AM
Trailer
http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/378/378252/vids_1.html

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/697/697179/mi3_teaser-poster2_1142902679.jpg

have you noticed that most of toms movie posters show his side profile? why do you think that is?

dan1el
03-21-2006, 06:33 AM
The side thing...either because of scientology or because he is straight damn right ugly from the front...

laureato di arte
03-21-2006, 12:53 PM
The side thing...either because of scientology...

huh? i had a feeling someone would give that answer.

KolbyJukes
03-21-2006, 08:26 PM
This movie looks awesome, it's got everything going for it: Philip Seymour Hoffman, ILM, Simon Pegg, JJ Abrams directing....woot.

Bonedaddy
03-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Weirds me out that Shaun of the Dead and Capote are in this movie.

grahamef
03-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Not to mention Elvis.

DZL
03-21-2006, 11:16 PM
...not to mention the worst actor of the bunch is the lead.

ringzero
03-22-2006, 01:37 AM
...not to mention the worst actor of the bunch is the lead.

I`m sure he feels real bad you dont rate him :D

rock
03-22-2006, 02:16 AM
Why is it that most of us not consider Tom Cruise a good actor, although having nominated for the Academy Award 3 times? :)

DDS
03-22-2006, 02:54 AM
Why is it that most of us not consider Tom Cruise a good actor, although having nominated for the Academy Award 3 times? :)

I guess u know what's the next answer...

RobW720
03-22-2006, 04:57 AM
well i wont be seein it. Because of Mr. Tomboy my favorite episode of southpark wont be on television anytime soon. (well maybe its not my favorite... but because of his bitching paramount put a stop to it being on TV)

Eat my nasty parts, tom. Get your midechloreans tested and get on that DC10 to a different planet.

grahamef
03-22-2006, 04:11 PM
I don't think Tom Cruise is a bad actor. At least, he doesn't stink up the screen like some others that I won't mention. However, I really can't say how good he is either. He always seems to play the same generic type of hero. I don't remember ever seeing him in a truly challenging role.

This film certainly has a very impressive supporting cast. I hope they get used to good effect. I don't want to watch Tom Cruise single-handedly save the world while everybody else gets only token screen-time.

gray

save often
03-22-2006, 05:31 PM
yer, it looks pretty good. hope it`s better than the last one because that was shockingly bad. nearly left the cinema before it finished but i`d paid my money so i`m going to suffer it out.
if i have to sit through another john woo slow-mo, i`ll scream like a little girl.

opus13
03-22-2006, 07:44 PM
hmm. after watching 2 trailers... it looks like Ecks v. Sever II. i.e.: worth missing.

maybe I shoudlnt be so harsh. it was probably the monstrous lens flare... in front of a large fireball, that made it look cheap.

have you noticed that most of toms movie posters show his side profile? why do you think that is?

my own theory: when someone has a multi-decade career, the public expects icons to age a certain way. Harrison Ford, Sidney Poitier, etc all aged well from 'boys' to 'men', and will continually age well. they have the right genes for it.

in the 80's, tom cruises 'boy years' he was considered one of the most attractive actors, much like Harrison Ford's early years. as time went on, tom cruise became successful enough to continue his streak, but he didnt age 'correctly'. when you look at him head on, he looks like a boy with wrinkles. he doesnt have the same stature as Ford, Newman, Redford, etc. he is still bankable, but he doesnt have the same picture value as the others.

in a publicity scenario he projects a stronger image from the side than the front thanks to his chin and eye shapes. from the front... well, he looks like "mission: kidpossible".

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2006, 07:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.