PDA

View Full Version : JHM: Infusing the Pixar touch in Disney's "Meet the Robinsons"?

RobertoOrtiz
03-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Take with some salt (The link has some great art):
Quote:

"Though it's still two months or more 'til the Walt Disney Company officially completes its acquisition of Pixar Animation Studios, John Lasseter & Co. are already reportedly quietly at work on their very first project for the Mouse House. Which is to figure how to gently retool the second act of Steve Anderson's directorial debut, 'Meet the Robinsons'"

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1889

-R

jewalker
03-21-2006, 01:44 AM
I've heard these same rumors as well. A copy of Meet the Robinsons was shipped to Pixar this week because the waiting period ended a week ago and the two studios are legally allowed to share information now. Many movies look great in story board, yet don't work when actually put on the screen. I've heard that Finding Nemo looked outstanding in story form, and yet required many revisions to get it to where it is now. It is part of the movie making process, and a major reason why Pixar is so successful. The other reason is that Pixar's movies are screened for all of their directors, every director gets input into the movie, and they are always pushing to make each scene better. It is this approach that Pixar is bringing to Disney. Very soon Pixar will be sending Ratatouille down to WDFA for their directors to screen and provide feedback.

Breinmeester
03-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Exactly! If the waiting period is over, shure they will share info on the films' status quo. Doesn't mean it's in 'story trouble'. Not all story work is done when it's boarded, the screen adaption generally takes some fix ups. I'm really excited about the Robinsons. Can't wait to see it!

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.