PDA

View Full Version : rendering completed before starting ??

yohan3d
03-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone, I have 100 frames to render and I am sure of my settings for the render. I have done this for years. Yet I come across a problem never met before: The rendering engine says "rendering complete" after few seconds of actually pressing Batch Render !
Any clue why this is happening ?
Thank you all for your help. Yohan

Sir-Avalon
03-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Hi,

I've had this problem a few times myself. Not sure why but I solved the problem by creating a new renderCam and constraind it to the old one. Try it!

/Chris

yohan3d
03-22-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi Chris, thank you for your reply. What kind of constraint do you use on the newly created camera ? Thank you

Sir-Avalon
03-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Hi,
well, I just use the point and orient constrain. If you have keyframes the focal lenght just connect the the new cameras focal lenght to old one via connection editor!
Good luck!

/Chris

Ash-Man
03-23-2006, 03:02 PM
few Q

what's your platform. MAC . PC or Linux
also what Vr of Maya you work with

leif3d
03-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Funny...I'm having the exact same problem...any help would be appreciated...

yohan3d
03-24-2006, 06:17 AM
Hi Ashaiad, I am using Maya 7 on a powerful Mac.

Ash-Man
03-24-2006, 10:38 AM
in that case

disable the CGFX plugin before u start your render
if that dosnt work
make sure u remove any older MAya Vr then remove maya 7 and reinstall
hope this helps

leif3d
03-24-2006, 04:10 PM
I don't have the CGfx enabled...and it happens in this scene only. So it can't be Maya, it must be the scene...I'm going to reinstall Maya just in case though.

leif3d
03-24-2006, 05:03 PM
I solved my problem...MR didn't like 2 TIF textures I had of 2500X200 dpi...so I scaled them down to 1/2...that helped get rid of the warnings...but it still wouldn't render ...so then I saved them as 24bit TGA and voila! It batch rendered...hope that helps.

yohan3d
03-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Ok guys, thank you for your comments, I'm not using any TIFF images, however I have loads of PNG in my scenes. Anyway I am still not sure why this is happening exactly but I guess I'll keep creating new cameras every time this will happen.
Maya is one of the most expensive 3d software isn't it ? Cheers guys

leif3d
03-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Ok guys, thank you for your comments, I'm not using any TIFF images, however I have loads of PNG in my scenes. Anyway I am still not sure why this is happening exactly but I guess I'll keep creating new cameras every time this will happen.
Maya is one of the most expensive 3d software isn't it ? Cheers guys

...and one of the buggiest...

Sir-Avalon
03-25-2006, 08:33 PM
leif3d: Not the buggiest, I would save MAX for that post :) Maya is a great piace of software!

Anyway, i've found that only maya 7.0 have had this problem not 7.01. When you introduce new features you add new complexity... renderlayers and so on... if you have a look in the hypergraph editor in a complex scene and 5 renderlayers you can see whats going on...
For me I still have problems loading the render attributes (some times) when maya has been active for more than 4 hours... So, I can imagine when you do a batchrender and the renderer can't find the correct attributes it halts.

yohan3d: Btw. another way around this problem is to import the scene into a new scene, or do a scene clean-up

/chris

yohan3d
03-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Hi Chris, that's a promising idea, I believe this could do the trick.
Well, next time it happens, I will keep you posted.

Yohan

leif3d
03-25-2006, 11:23 PM
leif3d: Not the buggiest, I would save MAX for that post :) Maya is a great piace of software!

Anyway, i've found that only maya 7.0 have had this problem not 7.01. When you introduce new features you add new complexity... renderlayers and so on... if you have a look in the hypergraph editor in a complex scene and 5 renderlayers you can see whats going on...
For me I still have problems loading the render attributes (some times) when maya has been active for more than 4 hours... So, I can imagine when you do a batchrender and the renderer can't find the correct attributes it halts.

yohan3d: Btw. another way around this problem is to import the scene into a new scene, or do a scene clean-up

/chris

I agree it's not THE buggiest....but like I said, one of the buggiest....

Sc0rPs
03-30-2006, 08:10 AM
My particular problem is trying to get the colour pass in Maya 7.0 with mental ray. I just gives a render completed without doing a single frame in batch. I double checked the camera settings, even added it to the layer, globals are set, pass is set to beauty since I want shadows and colour from it... checked and re-checked attribute settings with no luck.

Replacing the camera with a new one didn't work nor importing the scene... so as above any help is greatly appreciated. If this is a 7.0 bug I may be out of luck, just student using computers at school so cannot patch...

iosifkefalas
04-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone, I have 100 frames to render and I am sure of my settings for the render. I have done this for years. Yet I come across a problem never met before: The rendering engine says "rendering complete" after few seconds of actually pressing Batch Render !
Any clue why this is happening ?
Thank you all for your help. Yohan

I know,i have expirience on that.Probabbly there is an uncompatible shader active.Most of the times when I turn off the cgfx shader in the plugin manager window fixes the problem unless there is another uncompatible user shader who makes the problem.

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2006, 10:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.