PDA

View Full Version : Pushing letters trough a liquid surface?

Brötje
03-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm once again trying to do some fun things with particles. I want to make a logo for myself where the letters of my name come floating up in some white liquid.

Now, I have done the basic things already ( models, texturing and dynamics for the letters floating ) but I need to know how I can 'push' the letters trough the liquids' surface so some of the liquid sticks on the letters and the rest blends in with the animated plane I use.

I hope I'm clear enough in my question. I just want the letters of my name coming up out of some white fluid and the fluid has to react with the letters.

Note that I can't afford realflow. Tips as how you do it in Blender are welcome too!

CHEERS!

Crook
03-20-2006, 05:47 PM
You should do a morph of the surface tension around the letters, then blend to it as the letters push upwards through the liquid. If you want ripples and other real world stuff, then thats realflow or the blender -> LW solution for liquids I think.

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2006, 05:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.