PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Heirarchy problems

bugzilla
03-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Suddenly, Mirror Heirarchy under the Setup tab is not working correctly. In the past, I would create all the bones for the right side of my character's limbs, select the root bone of a limb, Mirror Heirarchy and set it to replace R_ with L_ in the bone names. It worked like a charm and saved me alot of time.The last few times I have tried to use it it creates the mirrored bones way off in the distance, and the children bones it creates are also offset by about a mile each. I am using all the default settings. The only thing I change is the renaming options. It's always worked well in the past. All models are at XYZ 0 coordinates. No rotation either.

Any ideas?

walfridson
03-20-2006, 01:07 PM
scale? parent in place?

bugzilla
03-20-2006, 06:43 PM
scale? parent in place?

I always have parent in place turned on. As for scaling, I never scale the bones but instead change the Rest Length (Shift+r). Again, it's always working in the past. I need to manipulate the child bones to move them into place and have them fit the mesh before mirroring them, but something in that process is causing problems?

Please help everyone!

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2006, 06:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.