PDA

View Full Version : BigDipper asteroids

Reuben5150
03-19-2006, 05:00 PM
I forgot to post this :argh: , just a simple asteroid demo using the Bigdipper plugin -

http://affinity3d.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=220

The setup is easy, just create a rock model with the Ubershape plugin then link it to Bigdipper, the plugin auto-creates-animates the asteroids, there are plenty of options as well :cool:

Reuben

halfworld
03-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Very cool :)

Nice lighting n all that jazz. Did you ever get the gamma sorted?

What detail setting did you have the rocks at? I've noticed that if I set it up to 6 or 7 ubershape tends to crash EI and knacker the project (although you can rescue it by removing the plug from the sockets folder and deleting the instances of the plug).

Just curious,
:thumbsup:
Ian

Reuben5150
03-20-2006, 11:44 AM
I used the mpeg-4 codec instead, pitty about H264 its nice quality but..

anyway, uberrocks were only 320 polys each detail level 2, i wanted to use this cool NX preset, very nice but renders slooow, otherwise i would have used higher polygon counts.

Much better to export your rock model if using high detail level, yeah i would expect its pretty easy to crash, much better to not use "live plugins" where possible :)

Reuben

halfworld
03-20-2006, 01:26 PM
Yes that's a good point, In fact, it's practically required for the use of some plugs (pixel grains springs to mind!)

Ian

NorthernLights
03-20-2006, 04:04 PM
That's very pretty. I'd add some motion blur and maybe a little atmosphere around the planet so it doesn't have quite so hard an edge,

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2006, 04:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.