PDA

View Full Version : Particle limit?

orijinel
12-18-2002, 08:36 PM
Has anyone experience your particles dissapearing when you reach over 500(estimated) or is this a graphic card issue? I have a aty rage6ag(mac 10.2).

iso
12-18-2002, 09:43 PM
Not yet, but depending on if your birth rate is set high and particle limit settings aren't high enough particles will stop emitting once the limit is met, if that is your problem.

I don't know if you are a pro with LW's particles, but in case you are new to them, this might be the reason. If you are a pro, then my humble apologies.

SplineGod
12-18-2002, 10:30 PM
You set the particle limit yourself as well as their lifetime.
There is an options panel that allows you to set how many particles are seen etc etc based on your CPU speed.

orijinel
12-19-2002, 12:50 AM
Thanks splineGod. It was the lifetime. I still had it at 60 frames. I am having a problem with my grid. I can't view it when I reach over 1500 polys. Newtek said it was a card issue. I thought I had to go an buy another graphic card. I can deal with not having a grid for a while. You saved me a couple of bucks. I plan to use hypervoxels heavily in my work. Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.