PDA

View Full Version : LW & EPS problem.

Vinsoviet
03-05-2002, 08:24 PM
LW is being bitchy about loading a simple EPS file I have. Most often it simply won't load it or crashes as it tries. Is there anything "special" I need to know about loading EPS files. I'm using Adobe Illustrator 9.0 to build 'em. Thanks badasses.

Jens
03-08-2002, 04:08 AM
What version are you saving your EPS files in? version 9? You have to save them in a earlier version. From illustrator9 you can save it to version 8 or below!

Bytehawk
03-08-2002, 04:42 AM
and if you still have problems read the tutorial on my site.... you could load it in photoshop .........

1-8-5
03-13-2002, 04:03 PM
my suggestion ...
i use freehand 9 but i think itīs the same problem:
> replace/delete the eps-loader.plugin in the "edit-PlugIn"-menu in modeler. Load it again ...
> Reduce the vector/eps data. Try it without outlines, fill it only. Use black/white color only. Minimize the object-size of the vector in the original.
> Sometimes you canīt see immediately the object in modeler. Press "f" to flip the new polygon/polylines.
> In the eps-Import dialogue try the opions (only polygons, fine ...)
> Run Norton DiscDoctor (or likewise). Often programFiles are minority damaged after installation. My LW-Installation had 2988 damaged files included all plug-ins.

Good success/work

1-8-5

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.