PDA

View Full Version : bump,single,alpha brushes?

mister3d
03-19-2006, 11:04 AM
bump,single,alpha brushes-whats the difference between them,and how to use them properly?I didnt notice much difference. :)

Lyr
03-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Pressing and holding the ctrl key while you mouse over different interface elements, including the brushes palette will give you a pretty indepth description of what that particular thing does. I'd try explain the differences to you but I wouldn't do as good of a job as the tooltips. Don't forget to check the modifiers of the brushes too.

mister3d
03-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Pressing and holding the ctrl key while you mouse over different interface elements, including the brushes palette will give you a pretty indepth description of what that particular thing does. I'd try explain the differences to you but I wouldn't do as good of a job as the tooltips. Don't forget to check the modifiers of the brushes too.

Well, I know that.But alpha brush always draws forward, ignoring normals of pixols. and bump brush uses normals.But depth brush for me makes the same as bump, but in another words-alligns itself to underlying surface.Ok, but when to use which?I know, I know,Im slow.

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2006, 06:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.