PDA

View Full Version : Max Rigg-- Ground floor

themask123
03-19-2006, 12:30 AM
Is there a way in Max where can not move the foot rigg through the ground? I have seen someone place a plan as the ground and the bones can not pass through. Does anyone know a method for this?

eek
03-19-2006, 02:04 AM
yes its an expression, so if the puppet goes through the ground the foot doesnt right?

so make two points one a box one a cross - put an expression controller on the crosses z position. Make a scalar variable pointing to the box points z positon called "val"

then type: if (val < 0,0,val) -- so this works by if (rule,then,else)

Also 0, could be a variable to like "floor" pointing to a planes z position or something.

This is working in local space to the world root as theres no parent except for the world. If you want to use world space. Make v a variable to a node and use val.transform.pos.z.

joconnell
03-19-2006, 05:26 PM
There's also an option for limiting a controllers value in max 8 - do a search in the help for limit controller and there's a page on it. Eek's method will work in all versions of max though.

themask123
03-19-2006, 08:19 PM
eek's method was beyond my level, so the limit controller was exactly what I need and thank you for taking your time to response.

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2006, 08:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.