PDA

View Full Version : Design and content check

Maxx
12-18-2002, 04:45 PM
Decided to start this as a new topic 'cause the site is actually getting to the point where it can honestly be critiqued. Anyway, if anybody can do me a favor and check out http://www.cessories.com/tester/md and let me know what you think of the flow - the only totally completed parts are the 3D Products and Sets bits - I'm working on the rest right now - and design of the site, I'd appreciate it. If, while you're at it, you could take a look at the actual work and let me know if it's of a caliber to shown for potential jobs, I'd appreciate it greatly. Oh, one more (not asking too much, am I? :) Hope not...), do I sound like a total doofus with the copy?

Thanks alot.

Alex

Rye
12-18-2002, 05:14 PM
its really coming together :) but there are some problems. You cannot enter any section unless you close the section you are currently in. That is very annoying and some people might not be able to figure that out. Also when you go into a new section the waiting time for the text to move down and the submenu appear is too long. It should be very very fast. No one likes to wait. Your pictures and such also take too long to load. I dont know if that is just my slow internet at work, or if you need to optimize it more. I think your thumbnails could look better too. Right now they actually make me not want to click the images. Instead try something like a black and white image then when you roll over they become color. Keep workin on it though, i think the main problem is just the speed.

-Rye

fig
12-18-2002, 05:33 PM
rye makes some good points. the other thing i really notice is that the antialiasing on the transparency on your images is rather jaggy. i'd probably show renders with a bg and shadow underneath as opposed to cutting them out, the shadow greatly contributes to making it look real and helps to sell the image. i like the overall feel tho, really good start.

chris

Maxx
12-18-2002, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys! Excellent points. The speed is something I'm fighting with right now - I'm a little afraid to compres the images too much, as that does have a tendency to make them look like crap, but I agree it needs to be looked at - that was one of the things I was really hoping to get comments on. As for the menu selection stuff - somebody else mentioned that earlier and I just quite honestly forgot to fix it. Thanks for bringing it up. And I love the idea of the black and white to color on the thumbs! (I got a little hung up on the idea of the negatives :rolleyes: ) And, finally - that seals it! The background are going back in on the product renders. I had them in, then took 'em out, then put 'em back in, then took 'em back out - kinda riding the fence on that one. Indecision is fun!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to take a look and give me some input. Hopefully I'll have enough time to finish this thing before the first of the year, so I'll keep posting updates here. Thanks alot.

Michael Chen
12-24-2002, 10:55 PM
Pretty neat and cool :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.