PDA

View Full Version : KillbillIII

dingwang6
03-18-2006, 07:58 AM
lol,this pic always remind me KillBill,so I would like to name it as Kill Bill III.
The pose and the coloring stuff is referenced from an old "Miss Sixty" poster.I put some my own thoughts into it.
It is pretty much finished,but I still think I can push it a bit further.
I am still new to the digital painting,dont know much about paiting tecniques.

BTW I have been watching CGtalk for 2 more yrs,but did not really post anything up,by looking at the first few posts of mine earilier,its totally craps.Now I feel like posting up sth to show,I think thats the best way for me to improve my skills.
Thank you,please any of your comments/critics r much welcomed.

http://images4.pictiger.com/images/a8/a5f6a9395ee4094ef0f2b6e05cd526a8.jpg

lanternkid
03-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I like your colours on the figure. They remind me of a Japanese comic artist...ahh but I forget the name...She does very intricate colour work, and uses colours a like you've done.

I can't really give you CG advice because I don't use computers for colouring. But the white in the background is very distracting; it pulls the viewer's focus into the background because there is so much of it. You might want to try colouring on a grey background instead; or use a different neutral colour.

I really like how you've done the colours on the hands and face though, very delicate :)

Post more!

dingwang6
03-19-2006, 01:29 AM
I like your colours on the figure. They remind me of a Japanese comic artist...ahh but I forget the name...She does very intricate colour work, and uses colours a like you've done.

I can't really give you CG advice because I don't use computers for colouring. But the white in the background is very distracting; it pulls the viewer's focus into the background because there is so much of it. You might want to try colouring on a grey background instead; or use a different neutral colour.

I really like how you've done the colours on the hands and face though, very delicate :)

Post more!
Thanks moonlantern.Thanks for your comments.
Yeah,I agree with you and the background definitly needs more work.
The glow on the sword,I dont really like it.I have not figure out a solution for that.

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2006, 01:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.