PDA

View Full Version : Export to maya

wierdteaparty
03-18-2006, 07:54 AM
OK so I detailed and textured this model in zbrush now i want to export it back to maya, but everytime i save the export and then import it into maya it just has this glossy material that says defaultmat . Do I have to use the uv editor in maya, use projection, or is there some settings in zbrush i should have checked. If anyone could answer this or point me too a tutorial i would greatly apreciate it.

stavrevstefan
03-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Download the FREE Pipeline Guides...

There is a tutorial of 100 pages for Maya and zbrush interaction...

On cgtalk home page on top u can see a flash animation with pipeline guides.Click on it and download....

Hope i helped

wierdteaparty
03-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Okay I have already looked at that guide and my question is do i have to make a uv set in maya before exporting, and if so, I already exported and textured something without doing this. Is there any way to fix this with out going to swaure one. Also all the guides for zbrush maya integration are all about the normal/displacement/bump maps. I just want to bring the color in right now.

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2006, 10:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.