PDA

View Full Version : Spacepathdeform question ???

mobeen
03-18-2006, 05:16 AM
Hello all,
I have a scene with a dummy object having a world space pathdeform modifier applied to it. Now using the percent spinner I can move the dummy on the path. Then i link a box to the dummy object so that i can make the box follow the dummy on the path but it does not follow the dummy????

What i want to do is to some how make the box follow the dummy on the path. How can i do this?I tried to get the dummy's position and rotation on the path but it always returns the position and rotation of the dummy when it was created.

How can i get the dummy's position and orientation on the path and make the box position and orient the same way??? Any link reference would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mobeen

stuh505
03-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Then i link a box to the dummy object so that i can make the box follow the dummy on the path but it does not follow the dummy????

This should work, you don't need to script it

mobeen
03-21-2006, 05:12 AM
no it does not work b/c the dummy object does not have any vertices and the worldspacepath deform modifies vertices. I got this answer from the discreet forum.

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2006, 05:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.