PDA

View Full Version : Leonardo's Room Tutorial

paulselhi
03-17-2006, 11:37 PM
I just put up a 39 MB ( 1 hour) vid tutorial which is a vid and scene explaining ( for beginners) how i made this scene

You can find the tut at http://www.black-and-white-to-color.com/ipbsfx/

Primitiv
03-18-2006, 07:17 AM
Could you zip the file? Safari tries to open it as text and it it a large file. I tried twice and it seems to hang the app.

paulselhi
03-18-2006, 08:13 AM
can't you just right click and do a "save as" ?

acmepixel
03-18-2006, 04:38 PM
can't you just right click and do a "save as" ?

Not on a button. It has to be a link. The problem is with Safari. It does not recognize RAR files.
Use FireFox or Netscape instead.

I always keep Firefox handy in case a site doesn't want to play nice with Safari.

I just downloaded it with FireFox ; No problems.

Stain777
03-20-2006, 04:38 PM
How were you able to download it? The file link is dimmed and the note at the left implies that I have to upload a tutorial before I can download a video tutorial. Was that the case?

ooo
03-21-2006, 09:20 AM
How were you able to download it? The file link is dimmed and the note at the left implies that I have to upload a tutorial before I can download a video tutorial. Was that the case?

You have to post at least once before you can download, so that's what I did.

And for Safari users just wait untill the download of text in your browserwindow is ready then use > save as >> then rename the file by deleting the txt extension and agree on the option to rename it to rar. Now you can extract it with stuffit.

odo

mwalter1
03-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Cool site! I have made my fist post, downloaded a bunch of tutorials, and added this site to my must read list.

Thanks!
Peggy

Primitiv
03-21-2006, 03:19 PM
All these tricks work of course and I know them. But in this case the file was ending in a kind of bottleneck and I had to force quit Safari twice. So no go in saving the file once it was all loaded in Safari. I used Firefox finally. But it doesn't beat having file in zip archives, which are smaller anyway.

ooo
03-21-2006, 09:37 PM
All these tricks work of course and I know them. But in this case the file was ending in a kind of bottleneck and I had to force quit Safari twice. So no go in saving the file once it was all loaded in Safari. I used Firefox finally. But it doesn't beat having file in zip archives, which are smaller anyway.

Hi primitiv,

I was wondering, can you open the scenefile? My C4D 9.5.2 freezes on G5 when I open this scene. I downloaded with Safari and Firefox. No difference...

odo

Primitiv
03-22-2006, 12:30 AM
yes the scene opens fine, but takes some time. I use 9.5 and will not update to 9.52 since I've heard that some plug-ins would not work properly because of changes in the SDK. I also heard more crash problems with 9.52. So I avoid it.

ooo
03-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Ok thanks, I'll give it another try!

odo

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2006, 08:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.