PDA

View Full Version : adjusting the resolution...

azloha
03-17-2006, 09:32 PM
i rendered out a footage at 1024*768, how could i changed it to 640*480?

i had tried several times. first of all, there seems to be some problem with the scale. being imported into after effects, the 1024*768 is adjusted, not 1024*768 anymore.

how could i change its aspect ratio?

suztv
03-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Select the item in your project menu. Press control-F (or command-F on the Mac). This should give you a pop up window. Now depending on the comp that you created and have dragged said footage into, whether it is 0.9 pixel aspect ratio or square - match it in this.

Once you have done that, make movie by selecting the comp in your timeline window and then pressing control-m or command-m. In your render que - you can control the output/resolution of your file by clicking on the output module (it usually defaults to "lossless").

In that menu click on the stretch option and plug-in your desired pixel height and width. Keep the option checked that asks about keeping it to your comps aspect ratio.

azloha
03-19-2006, 01:29 PM
is there some drawbacks in the after effects? actually i had already got ur meaning. now i am trying to import the footage without adjusting the aspect ratio. my footage seems to be losing the surrounding "edge", with reference to the original footage.

wht should i do?

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2006, 01:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.