PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Phenomena?

SpoonB
03-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Ok, I'm wanting to apply a really good car paint shader to my vehicle I'm working on at the moment. So I began looking into the types of material I could use and this MR Car Paint Phenomenon Shader appeared a phew times, so I thought I would give it a go - BUT WHERE THE HELL IS IT? I must be totally stupid, but I don't know if I already have it and can't find it - or whether I don't have it and need to get hold of it. I'm currently using Maya 6.0, theres a hold list of mi_ shaders, and one called phenomenon but no car one.

This is a page someone on the forums posted a link to http://www.lamrug.org/resources/doc/paint.html#mi_car_paint_phen

Anyway, could someone please point me in the right direction. If not, does anyone know other ways of creating good car shaders? I know it's been mentioned a thousand times before - sorry. I hear people creating layered shaders within maya which some people swear to. All I want at the end of the day is a realistic car paint that will render well in MentalRay.

Thanks,

cgtriguy
03-17-2006, 11:18 PM
I don't think it was available in Maya 6. I think it was implemented in Maya 7.

SpoonB
03-18-2006, 01:52 AM
Thanks mate.

Time to update me thinks...

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2006, 01:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.