PDA

View Full Version : Blend shape issue

Hulken
03-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Hi everyone

I would like to make a character with blendshapes. After Iīve done the blendshapes I would like to be able to make changes on my basecharacter such as deleting edges as well as adding new ones and change the form of the character but I canīt make it work properly. Iīve tried to connect the tweaknodes outgeometry node to the blendshapes in mesh node...and it works fine with changing the form of the basecharacter but when I start to collapse edgeloops the blendshapes becomes deformed. Does anyone know how I could do this...I would be more than happy

dunkelzahn
03-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Maybe this helps, check out the topology thing at the end:

http://downloads.alias.com/mkt/gmk_maya7_blend_shape.swf

Hulken
03-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Hi!
Thanks for the reply altough itīs not quite what i meant. My problem is extrem limit of time. Therefore I would like to make blendshapes on a basecharacter and after that I would like to take the basemodel and rebuild it into 4 different character with the blendshapes to work on all of them..and with the bake topology tool you can add edges, extrude etc. but i would also like to make different shapes on the heads and when I move vertices it donīt apply on the blendshapes

michaelcomet
03-20-2006, 04:06 PM
You may also want to check this out:

http://www.cometdigital.com/cSmartBlend.php

see the gallery for it...it will let you make changes to your base mesh after making targets...although to apply on truly different characters you'll likely need to still generate new target for that yourself.

dunkelzahn
03-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Hi!
Thanks for the reply altough itīs not quite what i meant. My problem is extrem limit of time. Therefore I would like to make blendshapes on a basecharacter and after that I would like to take the basemodel and rebuild it into 4 different character with the blendshapes to work on all of them..and with the bake topology tool you can add edges, extrude etc. but i would also like to make different shapes on the heads and when I move vertices it donīt apply on the blendshapes

Hey Hulken,

okay, as far as I understand you, you want to model a single character, create blendshapes and then change the character and apply those changes to the blendshapes, right?

Thatīs funny, I thought about doing something similar. Iīm still chucking ideas around my head, but I guess youīd need to create some sort of MEL scripts of your deformations and apply those to the different characters. I know that this is a hilarious task but it might just work. Just make sure to use local translations and and create your duplicates with the same numbering (vtx(1), vtx(2), vtx (3)...), so any vertex transformations are not applied at the wrong end of your character.

Iīm very interested in any progress, as Iīd like to create some stuff for my reel in my (very scarce) spare time.

Cheers

Chris

Hulken
04-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Thankīs for all help in this matter folks :D

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2006, 01:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.