PDA

View Full Version : Major UV issue

adrencg
03-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Anyone encounter this problem?

I'm UV mapping the front of a bronchial airway cross section, so I made a simple UV map(which looks like a ring, basically).

After getting the map all set, I've found that while it looks fine in OpenGL view, it won't render properly. Some poly's don't have the map attached. If I recreate the map over, it still comes out wrong, just with different polys missing from the map.

I have some experience making UV maps, and have accomplished much harder mappings with no problems like this. Can anyone help? I have a deadline today and UV mapping is the only solution. I could planar map, but there many deformatins and the map needs to follow along.

Mike

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/albums/4943/mapProblem.jpg

atomic3g
03-16-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure what causes this, but a work around is to try scaling the object larger. It seems to work if you resize the object or just adjust the scale in layout. Try changing the scale to 10. It seems to work but I have no clue why.

Castius
03-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Try a different map. See if the problem remains.

adrencg
03-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Try a different map. See if the problem remains.

I've remade the map 4 times with no luck. I ended up taking a screen grab from the openGL in modeler and planar mapping instead. That works. I'll end up morphing the deformations into the model(so the map follows along). Thanks in advance if you can figure anything out.

Mike

Castius
03-17-2006, 04:19 AM
Can you send me the end of the model to test. I can't really help much more without that.

adrencg
03-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Can you send me the end of the model to test. I can't really help much more without that.

You can just put use any old image you've got to replace mine.

Not sure if the zip will go in this post...send me PM with your email if this doesn't work. Thx

borisgoreta2000
03-17-2006, 07:13 PM
I have tested your object and the UV maps work fine with my LW. (8.5)

Try reinstalling LW.

b

IZZE
03-17-2006, 09:40 PM
does your texture have a alpha channel?

adrencg
03-29-2006, 07:29 PM
does your texture have a alpha channel?

I just discovered that my image is 32 bit. I usually use 24 because I know of this bug, but it had been so long since I had dealt with it, I forgot to check for this.

Mike

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2006, 07:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.