PDA

View Full Version : From an idiots perspective

Redchaplin
03-16-2006, 04:08 PM
So I'm looking forward to getting a 3D graphics class sometime in the future, and I was hoping to get some perspective on the matter. I've been drawing for years and I was just wondering how much a persons skill with anatomy and such will actually factor in to animation and modeling and such. Does it matter if you can create what you see in your minds eye on paper, or is it a completely different ability that is required? just curious...

SirRon
03-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Being able to draw a human figure would really help. Probably more for modeling than for animation IMO. I don't consider it to be what you have in your mind and put it on paper but essentially getting what you have in mind out onto anything, pixels or paper or canvas.

Though if you want to work at Pixar and they have this listed as a minimum requirement:

- Computer animation experience preferred but not required

Makes you think that skills outside the computer really is valued. Glad to hear you've been drawing for years, sounds like you enjoy it.

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2006, 07:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.