PDA

View Full Version : access to MR3.4 stand alone bake to texture options

ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi
03-16-2006, 10:22 AM
How can i change a defult settings for a bake to texture when i am useing a mr3.4 stand alone. i dont have any problem to bake to texture with mr 3.4 stand alone with my render farm. i just dont know how to change a bake set options like ((fill texture seams)) and othere thing.any idea?:sad:

ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi
03-16-2006, 11:53 AM
ok. somehow i find out i use this mel command and it work ((convertLightmap -mi -f b.mi -bo "textureBakeSet1" lambert2SG polySurface1)) but i find out that light mapping with MRstand alone only work on a master machine and it means it dont work over a renderfarm. am i right?

Puppet|
03-16-2006, 02:45 PM
http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/download/b2mr_e.shtml

ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi
03-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Oh. thats greate.exactly what i wants. thanks a lot Puppet| .is it work on maya 7? and is it work on a renderfarm?

Puppet|
03-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Yes, it's should work with maya 7 and renderfarm (with alfred)
But one notice...
Maya version 6.5, 7.0 and 7.01 have small bug :) command convertLightmap don't export to mi file all texture pathes. As result script works fine only if your scene without textures, for example for occlusion baking.
I had report about this bug to Alias and they said that will fix it in future versions.

ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi
03-16-2006, 05:10 PM
if it just a texture link adress its simple to fix it on a mi file. or its a something else?

ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi
03-16-2006, 06:14 PM
I cant work with it. could you explain it more. there is no tutorial about it.and if it really dont work with texture files, it couldnt help me.

Puppet|
03-17-2006, 06:59 AM
It will work only if you put all your textures near the mi file or manually edit your mi file and add correct pathes.
If you have no shaders_p installed you should disable "Auto Create Shader" checkbox.
Other things should works very simple.
Just assign Texture Bake sets to your objects and press Bake.

ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi
03-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks. i also saw your website. you have a very good tutorials. why dont you translate them to english?

Puppet|
03-17-2006, 08:26 AM
I have no time to translate it. My english is very and it's one more problem :)
Some of these tutorial sufficiently old, for example for Maya 5.0 and etc.
I have only one tutorial on english now :) http://www.puppet.cgtalk.ru/tutorials/howtomegatk_e.shtml

ali-rahimi-shahmirzadi
03-17-2006, 10:19 AM
p_MegaTK is really good. i just wish someone could add particle and fluid support to this. iam not yet see buffering for particle and fluid. its really needed in many case.

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2006, 10:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.