PDA

View Full Version : Character: Victoria 3

micahhenrie
12-18-2002, 02:47 AM
Hello all--

I just wanted to post an image of some maps that I have been at work on for a while now. Maps done in Deep paint and Photoshop and then rendered in Lightwave. Whatchya think?

elvis
12-18-2002, 03:26 AM
nice stuff! reminds me a little of milla jovovich in joan of arc. or maybe i had too much coffee this morning... :)

lerpiedood
12-18-2002, 03:30 AM
WOW! That's great! Nice textures. Got any more pics of the head? I really can't notice any problems.

freddy7133d
12-18-2002, 03:34 AM
wow very nice!!!!
final fantasy(the movie) quality...

the stuff on your site is amazing! too....
great work...:thumbsup: :drool:

sorry don't have a critique for ya...:)

j3st3r
12-18-2002, 07:32 AM
"Impressive....very impressive"

Darth Vader

It`s really cool...would you share the details with us? I mean wireframe, shading, lighting....

webfox
12-18-2002, 07:51 AM
Really excellent! Beautiful skin shader.

There is a fine line running off the cheek from the right side to the bottom of the image. Is that intentional?

BrainFaucet
12-18-2002, 01:43 PM
Very nice textures!

Could you post some other angles and areas of the face?

ironbearxl
12-18-2002, 02:15 PM
What bump tools did you use in Deep Paint under the eye, very remarkable:)

Ckerr812
12-18-2002, 02:21 PM
heh..I am guessing you work for Daz...looks like all the others.

Anyway, it's a nice render and texturing job, looks very good, I am guessing it's a poser model too, I apologize if it's not.

Tiburon3D
12-18-2002, 07:08 PM
Looks Great! I'm impressed, I've wanted to get a hold of Deep Paint for a while, but I can't afford it.

There is one odd thing that I saw. I noticed what could be a scar or line-shaped blemish running down her left cheek (on the lower-right side of the image). Does anyone else see it?

JacquesD
12-18-2002, 09:14 PM
Looks good, really. :)

Are the eyebrows model or part of the texture?

Keep on.

slaughters
12-18-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Ckerr812
Anyway, it's a nice render and texturing job, looks very good, I am guessing it's a poser model too, I apologize if it's not. Why should it matter if Poser was used for the mesh (or not) ? A mesh is only one small part of a well done image. In this case it was the texturing which caught my eye, not the model.

Nice job texturing micahhenrie!

Ckerr812
12-18-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by slaughters
Why should it matter if Poser was used for the mesh (or not) ?

It dosen't, but it should be stated if it was used, just like any clip art.

Joel Hooks
12-18-2002, 11:17 PM
The eye and surrounding area is really nice in Victoria 3. Very Striking. The nose is lacking. Maybe because it doesn't have pores, but that could be just the makeup. That scar needs to go away too (if that's what it is...)

You're just sad because your textures look like this:

http://www.naturallydigital.ca/images/3dimages/shaq.jpg

lol - you really captured him there....

Ckerr812
12-18-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by lowdown

You're just sad because your textures look like this:

http://www.naturallydigital.ca/images/3dimages/shaq.jpg

lol - you really captured him there....

No need to attack me, I said I liked the texture, and rendering, I think it's an awsome job, I was just asking if he modeled it, or used poser.

Your Name on these forums really descibes you to a tee...lol .I hope you keep that attitude in real life, it will get you far :)

squidinc
12-18-2002, 11:37 PM
she/he works for DAZ3d, if you'd looked at the site in the signature :bounce: :thumbsup:

wgreenlee1
12-19-2002, 01:50 AM
Did you model that and texture it also?:rolleyes:

AmandaSo
12-19-2002, 04:41 AM
Oooooooo....

Ahhhhhhh....

Non-Vicky eyes.... oooooo.... ahhhh.....

Can't wait to see more.

slaughters
12-19-2002, 05:15 AM
It dosen't, but it should be stated if it was used, just like any clip art. Micahhenrie just asked for a critique of the textures (maps) he had been working on. In that context I see no real reason for him to have originally have mentioned where the mesh came from. When asked about it, sure. Just like if asked about the render or modler that was used.

P.S. I must look into Deep Paint sometime.

Flog
12-19-2002, 05:24 AM

Its not like clipart and the main focus her, is TEXTURE. That is the key. Very good work. Love the texture and lighting. Poser or not.

As always doesn't matter what you use for a base its all in the finished product, and this texture is very good.

ShakingColor
12-19-2002, 05:29 AM
you are my hero````````

ksss
12-19-2002, 07:20 AM
good

ѧϰ

wgreenlee1
12-19-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by slaughters
Micahhenrie just asked for a critique of the textures (maps) he had been working on. In that context I see no real reason for him to have originally have mentioned where the mesh came from. When asked about it, sure. Just like if asked about the render or modler that was used.

P.S. I must look into Deep Paint sometime.

All that is is an advertisement for that Victoria version 3 is all it is plain and simple.
He/She didnt come here to ask for advice or anything else .
Its just an advertisement.
Daz is a model factory and they are hipeing up this morph doll like its the second coming of Christ.
Its going to make them Jillions of dollars from the poser users and they are coming here to advertise it to help them make even more.

Which one cant blame them,more power to them.

Advertiseing......:p

error-404-
12-19-2002, 08:56 AM
great texturing abilities :drool:

possible to view the different texture channel in low rez ?

eunuchbot
12-19-2002, 09:51 AM
BEST EYES I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!! the nose, though is a little funky, too much shadow on the nostril (outside back) with real lighting (simulated= gi) the nose is more translucent than other parts of the skin because its thinner and filled with veins... so it would really have a dark blackish shadow, but more of a redish brown... hope this helps

TheHellmaster
12-19-2002, 10:19 AM
Really amazing! :applause:

I wanna see more from this! :)

:buttrock: TheHellmaster :buttrock:

psil
12-19-2002, 11:03 AM
beautiful textures - esp round the eye:thumbsup:

Any chance of posting the maps ??

fr3drik
12-19-2002, 11:32 AM
Very nice! Why is this thread only 3 stars???

Ckerr812
12-19-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by fr3drik
Very nice! Why is this thread only 3 stars???

well, because..we will be seeing alot more of this when people want to compinsate for something and just buy the texture here..... http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?Start=1&cat=3DIPOSVIC&WhatsNew=Yes :rolleyes:

fr3drik
12-19-2002, 02:09 PM
well, because..we will be seeing alot more of this when people want to compinsate for something and just buy the texture here..... http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?Start=1&cat=3DIPOSVIC&WhatsNew=Yes :rolleyes:

I see your point and I agree. The image posted kind of feels too good to be "clipart" though...?

Just speculating here... :)

psil
12-19-2002, 02:10 PM
so it was all just a sales pitch.

hmph!

micahhenrie
12-19-2002, 04:45 PM
Thanks for all the comments.

Here is another view to check out. The 'scar' does not show up from this angle so i will have to look into what is causing this.

I agree that the nose pores could use a little finessing. Good thought. Thanks.

I would highly recommend deep paint to any serious texture--a very cool package.

The mesh is a yet to be released daz model--I did not create it. Although the textures may eventual be commercial, I am genuinely concerned in creating the best textures I can and thank you for your input.

error-404--what is it that you would like to see?

error-404-
12-19-2002, 06:15 PM
Is it possible that you post the maps you use to texture it in order to view how you have done this great job (colour map,diffuse,bump,ect ... ) but only "samples"

i have a lot to learn ( 3D and english ) :rolleyes:

NelsonInomvan
12-19-2002, 06:26 PM
micahhenrie the pic you posted is very good. I love the details you made on the texture but i can't see muck from the whole face, can you pleasy post some pic of here full head

BTW the eye tex rocks :airguitar

Abraham
12-19-2002, 06:49 PM
I'm a little sadened by the way the thread turned. Your work is excellent and I don't see why just because it will maybe become a mass product you couldn't show it and want some input.
You're a very good artist micahhenrie and I envy your talent and skill. :applause: Ab

micahhenrie
12-19-2002, 06:49 PM
a smaple of the color map--the mesh is polygonal and the UVs were done in Deep UV--another fine Right Hemisphere product:)

error-404-
12-19-2002, 08:10 PM
thx a lot, its seems to be very impressive !!!

lots of talent and skill :thumbsup:

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Tiburon3D
12-19-2002, 09:25 PM
In this update, there is something odd about the eyes. It looks like (at least in this render) that the eyes are not aligned correctly. The right eye looks lower then the left one, and they seem to be different sizes.

micahhenrie
12-19-2002, 09:43 PM
Woops--you are right. I morphed and positioned the left eye specifically for the first image. Ignore the right eye;)

rollmops
12-20-2002, 08:32 AM
Great work!
beautiful texuring!
But I don't really like how the skin catch the light. I's a little too metalic to me.
:thumbsup:

pablov
12-20-2002, 04:57 PM
:buttrock: :buttrock: is great, man

final fantasy quality

exelent job:thumbsup:

actarus6
12-20-2002, 05:19 PM
Can you tell me which resolution did u used for the maps: specular, bump, diffuse etc?

However great, great great work, congratulations

Bye from Stefano

king of tartine
12-20-2002, 06:22 PM
I hate you!!!:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :rolleyes: ;)

micahhenrie
12-20-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by actarus6
Can you tell me which resolution did u used for the maps: specular, bump, diffuse etc?

Color, bump, and specular are all 4000X2720. The lashed are transmapped--2000X2000

CIM
12-21-2002, 09:58 AM
Why are you posting Poser crap here? This isn't a site for Poser lovers.

If you're looking for buyers or ppl. to drool over a few textures for some Poser model, I suggest you head over to Renderosity.com, and not waste the bandwidth here. :-)

Tolerate
12-21-2002, 12:08 PM
lovely texturing

CIM: ever think that he is a texture artist and not a modeller?
not everyone can do everything like you can ;)

PotatoHead
12-21-2002, 02:00 PM
tolerate: the texture looks like the poser ones too. trust me, i used to use poser 4 before...:hmm:

micahhenrie: please stop making a fool of yourself, its not funny, and it makes you look bad.:shame:

Abraham
12-22-2002, 08:54 AM
Cim, yep, not for poser lovers but for CG lovers and this is very good CG as far I can judge. Potatohead, micahhenrie works for DAZ so he is probably the author of the texture. Why would he be ashamed to show a work one can really be proud of ? I know poser isn't Softimage or Maya, not even max but it makes possible for a lot of people to express themself and among them, some end being very good (I don't use poser so not talkin' for myself :)) Among the pic showed here, a lot are to get opinions of big guys, some are made by people in search of a job and want to show what they can do, finally some are made to proove the power of an app. What should it be allowed to Avid, Discreet, Alias and refused to Daz ? What is important is the talent of a person and the result, not the app used :) Not misunderstand me, I REALLY don't want to enter a war, my time is too precious for that, I just think if the result look good then use the app :) Ab

NelsonInomvan
12-22-2002, 09:41 AM
Oooo atmos is confused !!!:eek:

facial
12-22-2002, 11:48 AM
Hi, micahhenrie. I like your works, I hope to see more of your work, very impressive!!!! Well done, take care...

PotatoHead
12-22-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Abraham
Cim, yep, not for poser lovers but for CG lovers and this is very good CG as far I can judge. Potatohead, micahhenrie works for DAZ so he is probably the author of the texture. Why would he be ashamed to show a work one can really be proud of ? I know poser isn't Softimage or Maya, not even max but it makes possible for a lot of people to express themself and among them, some end being very good (I don't use poser so not talkin' for myself :)) Among the pic showed here, a lot are to get opinions of big guys, some are made by people in search of a job and want to show what they can do, finally some are made to proove the power of an app. What should it be allowed to Avid, Discreet, Alias and refused to Daz ? What is important is the talent of a person and the result, not the app used :) Not misunderstand me, I REALLY don't want to enter a war, my time is too precious for that, I just think if the result look good then use the app :) Ab

thanx for the explanation, it seemed as if he were a plagiarist, but now i see hes the actual author of the poser textures...:D

sorry, man, wasnt meant to be offensive.

Abraham
12-22-2002, 04:24 PM
No problem at all Potatohead, I didn't know before visiting micahhenrie's site and readin' his resume :) If I hadn't done that mabye I would have reacted like you :) Ab

TheWraith
12-22-2002, 08:36 PM
i think it's looking great! would love to see it rendered on one of the big boy renderers that supports SSS, could probably get a completely photo real result then. anyways, don't pay any attention to the people bashing the work cuz it's a poser model. a lot of people seem to forget that there is an actual team of artist that create the models, skin them and rig them to use inside of poser. it's the little kiddies that take credit for THOSE artists work that don't deserve praise. you wouldn't hear the people that worked on texturing gollum being bashed on these forums, even if they weren't the modellers, animators or riggers or any of the other number of people that worked on him.

anyways, great texture. i'm a little curious how in the world you got a picture of a tongue like that though. did you take the photo or is paint it or is it an actual science photo of a real tongue?

psil
12-23-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by TheWraith
i think it's looking great! would love to see it rendered on one of the big boy renderers that supports SSS,

It is - LightWave.
err..I had got the impression that the image was posted by DAZ trying to sell textures. I see thta, in fact, it's posted by the artist (oops). Again - lovely textures:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.