PDA

View Full Version : Weight Map renaming???

Vojislav+Milanovic
03-15-2006, 11:34 PM
I could swear I've seen a plugin or script somewhere that can rename all weights in model e.g. all R_Bone## to L_BoneName##

Now I need it but I can't find it.

Does anyone know this or something other for batch renaming weights??

Thanks

btw. modeler's weight map panel really needs reworking. I right click on Weight name, then rename then enter new name ok, nothing happens. It remains the same!?

toonafish
03-16-2006, 12:12 AM
The only one I can think of right now is Mirror Weights, it Mirrors and Renames weightmaps. You might want to check Flay for it.

Happens a lot to me too ( that I can't rename weightmaps or endomorphs ) when tweaking vmaps I have to restart modeler a lot to be able to rename stuff or to get rid of deleted vmaps. Somehow Modeler keeps stuff like that in memory untill you close it, I think that's why it gets confused.
If this doesn't get fixed in 9.0, a "clear unused vmaps" button would be nice.

TrueArt Support
03-16-2006, 12:44 AM
You probably saw it on LightWave v8 video..
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/LW8Demos/beeman_setup.avi

ercax
03-16-2006, 05:12 AM
btw. modeler's weight map panel really needs reworking. I right click on Weight name, then rename then enter new name ok, nothing happens. It remains the same!?
I know it sounds silly but you have to hit enter.

Vojislav+Milanovic
03-16-2006, 07:57 AM
I know that. Same goes for skelegons, if you click ok when renaming nothing happen, but if you hit enter it accepts.

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2006, 07:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.