PDA

View Full Version : Zelda TP to use revolution controller

laureato di arte
03-15-2006, 06:40 PM
http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3148776

Boxsmiley
03-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Sweet! Can't wait...as i am sure i will look dorky swinging my controller around in front of the general public, atleast my wife will unconditionally think i am cool...or was that to love? :thumbsup:

Great find!

Darktwin
03-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Sweet! Can't wait...as i am sure i will look dorky swinging my controller around in front of the general public, atleast my wife will unconditionally think i am cool...or was that to love? :thumbsup:

Great find!

LOL, great stuff, I for one am not excited about this controller, but I will wait to judge it after I've at least tried it.

SpiralFace
03-15-2006, 08:32 PM
I seriously don't think this is true. As its been stated, the game has been delayed for technical reasons. And I'm sure that if they realy where going to stick the revolution controler in the game, I can bet that that alone whould have made the game get pushed back once more. Which it has'nt yet. As I'm sure it will take alot of time to not only program in its functionality, but also playtest what a "fun" way to interact with the game whould be useing the controler.

Seeing as how the controler is SO different from anything else out there, I find it highly unlikely that they will be able to just "Trow in" its compatabilaty into the game just on a whim without pushing the game back once more.

zzacmann
03-16-2006, 04:19 AM
I seriously don't think this is true. As its been stated, the game has been delayed for technical reasons. And I'm sure that if they realy where going to stick the revolution controler in the game, I can bet that that alone whould have made the game get pushed back once more. Which it has'nt yet. As I'm sure it will take alot of time to not only program in its functionality, but also playtest what a "fun" way to interact with the game whould be useing the controler.

Seeing as how the controler is SO different from anything else out there, I find it highly unlikely that they will be able to just "Trow in" its compatabilaty into the game just on a whim without pushing the game back once more.

I would consider incorporating Revolution Controller compatibility a "Technical reason" for delaying the game.

Maybe they figured that they wouldnt make a holiday launch so they might as well incorporate every thing they wanted to.

I think its a very smart idea. Why spend so much time and money on a game just so it can be overshadowed by your new console release just a few weeks later. By incorporating the Revolutions Controller functionally, what Nintendo's done is not release one of their last great Gamecube games, but one of their first Revolution Games.

PhilOsirus
03-16-2006, 04:52 AM
It's true. The Rev is backward compatible with the Gamecube and Nintendo knows how important it is to have a Zelda that can be played with the Revolution's controller right from the start, so all developers and gamers can understand the controller is really an evolution and not a controller that makes it impossible to play your avarage game.

archerx
03-16-2006, 07:15 AM
So when can i sell my gamecube?

ciff
03-16-2006, 10:09 AM
There's another article here http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=8905 (very cool site for Nintendo news) seems pretty much fact now, sweeeet. So looking forward to this, just hope the controller is as fun to use as it sounds, sure it will be though. Roll on E3 :buttrock:

laureato di arte
03-16-2006, 11:40 AM
That should be fun it really should

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2006, 11:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.