PDA

View Full Version : Environment: waterfall

garryclarke
12-18-2002, 12:04 AM
Hi,

Here's an illustration that I'm currently working on, the rocket is just a placeholder for a boat that has yet to be built and lit (it will be drifting to almost certain doom).

The water was quite dificult to do but I'm resonably happy with it, but I'm open to constructive critisism.

It's Max 5, Brazil, Pyrocluster and a little PhotoShop

Cheers
Garry

http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/green/aoch11/art/falls.jpg

nickyH
12-18-2002, 12:18 AM
it looks cool...just maybe a bit of splashes around the rocket itself...otherwise the waterfall looks pretty excellent...:thumbsup:

Baal
12-18-2002, 02:40 AM
I must say the waterfall looks very good. Almost peaceful :)

I'd add a rock or two emerging from the water, but other than that it's just very good ! :thumbsup:

Valkyrien
12-18-2002, 02:46 AM
TINTIN!!!!

Nice waterfall!:)

colt
12-18-2002, 10:30 AM
Now thats some nice water.
Can you animate it?

Somehow those ripples appear to be to small compared to the actual particles - like they are looked at from two different distances. Make them bigger I'd say. And I think the line of the waterfall is too straight - break it up a little.

garryclarke
12-30-2002, 05:45 PM
Here's the finished picture - the senario is that the boat nearly got swept over the edge but the engine started at the last min (the clients idea not mine)

Garry

http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/town/green/aoch11/art/boat_zoom2.jpg

A4R
12-30-2002, 06:02 PM
Wow! I love the way you handled the water (both the waterfall and the boat wake)

Superb job!!

A4R

Xilica
12-30-2002, 07:14 PM
sweet job, i like the water :thumbsup:

D. Phoenix
12-30-2002, 09:55 PM
Ah fine water effect, and a very good looking picture.

I agree with Baal- the addition of a rock, say on the left or right edges can serve to anchor the picture. It can also serve to break up the semi-linear waterfall edge with either the rock itself or the wake left by rock.

I really like the boat picture; a very dynamic scene, lots of movement.

-D. Phoenix
www.Phoenix-Archetypes.Com

juntao
12-30-2002, 10:57 PM
wow the water looks very good!...............could we see a wireframe?

and if you have time maybe you could make a tutorial some day

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.