PDA

View Full Version : BBC: STAR WARS TV SHOW! Update!

RobertoOrtiz
03-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Quote:
"The TV series spin-off of the Stars Wars film franchise will run to at least 100 episodes, according to producer Rick McCallum. "

>>LINK<< (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4808746.stm)

-R

LoTekK
03-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Well, at least it looks like they're going for a coherent storyline rather than an episode-by-episode sort of writing deal. Please don't screw this up.

Kentaro
03-15-2006, 04:10 PM
was hoping sooner. 2008 is so far away. but it works for me.

Clanger
03-15-2006, 04:22 PM
I think Jar Jar Binks should get his own show :thumbsup:

Rezonance
03-15-2006, 04:25 PM
I dont know what I have to do but I must get a part as a Jedi or a Sith in this series. I would rock. Anybody know how I would go about it?

JTD
03-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Do you own a set of kneepads?

leach
03-15-2006, 04:49 PM
"There has already been a Star Wars series spin-off in the shape of the animated Clone Wars, which began as three-minute episodes before they were expanded to 30-minute shows."

I've seen both series which consist of the short episodes, but what are these 30min episodes they talk of?

Slurry
03-15-2006, 06:00 PM

LOL

Maybe Jar Jar could have his variety show. He would do a little standup, some slapstick sketches, maybe some singing and playing the piano.

Art

laureato di arte
03-15-2006, 07:18 PM

I think Jar Jar Binx should die!!! DIE! Die I was hoping he would be dead in episode 3, but he had to show himself at the end didnt he? Sorry Im a peaceful person normally but, I would really love to see Jar Jar burn in a pot of hot oil that would make me verry happy. I have a nice Giant Bucket for him to kick:twisted: :scream:

Pentagramma
03-15-2006, 08:30 PM
I think Jar Jar Binx should die!!! DIE! Die I was hoping he would be dead in episode 3, but he had to show himself at the end didnt he? Sorry Im a peaceful person normally but, I would really love to see Jar Jar burn in a pot of hot oil that would make me verry happy. I have a nice Giant Bucket for him to kick:twisted: :scream:

Oh, no! Hot oil is a really bad idea, think about the stench! Maybe we could just strangle him with his own intestines...
:beer:

SpiralFace
03-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Oh, no! Hot oil is a really bad idea, think about the stench! Maybe we could just strangle him with his own intestines...
:beer:

Naw, by the time you cut him open he whould already have blacked out, So that means he whould'nt suffer as he should.

Now peeling off his skin, then covering him in salt....:beer:

dalmanna
03-15-2006, 08:58 PM

only so i have the pleasure of changing channel.......jar jar...what the hell was he thinking

dalmanna
03-15-2006, 09:00 PM
I dont know what I have to do but I must get a part as a Jedi or a Sith in this series. I would rock. Anybody know how I would go about it?

er......use the force?

NanoGator
03-15-2006, 09:04 PM

OUCH!!!

Hehehe.

FunkyCowie
03-15-2006, 09:07 PM
was hoping sooner. 2008 is so far away. but it works for me.

far far away

FunkyCowie
03-15-2006, 09:17 PM
I think instead of it being about Luke growing up... which to me would just be bloody boring just like his father growing up in 1-3 which was fine but atleast it was over a few hours rather than 100x25=41 hours yah whoopee can`t wait for that... Why don`t they just carry on after Episode 6 and utilize the many fan based stories and lucas's own ideas for episode 7-9?

ruinangel
03-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Okay so what about miss Lea is she just eye candy in a metal bikini!! To some yes to others no. I grow tired of the male sided universe that Lucas comes up with. What about his so called strong female characters, all I am saying is that it's time a female got the spotlight for awhile. What the force is only in men.

cosmonaut
03-15-2006, 10:23 PM
I think instead of it being about Luke growing up... which to me would just be bloody boring just like his father growing up in 1-3 which was fine but atleast it was over a few hours rather than 100x25=41 hours yah whoopee can`t wait for that... Why don`t they just carry on after Episode 6 and utilize the many fan based stories and lucas's own ideas for episode 7-9?

Hmm, I originally read that it was going to be about how the rebellion was formed and the beginning of the civil war. That could be interesting if done properly...Luke growing up is the focus? You've got to be kidding me. Does anyone really care? Wasn't the whole point of episode 4 that this farm boy with a REALLY BORING LIFE gets swept up in this huge galactic struggle? Man, and I was kind of looking forward to the show till I read that...

Kimotion
03-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Okay so what about miss Lea is she just eye candy in a metal bikini!! To some yes to others no. I grow tired of the male sided universe that Lucas comes up with. What about his so called strong female characters, all I am saying is that it's time a female got the spotlight for awhile. What the force is only in men.

I don't think there were any "strong" females. Padme "lost the will to live," and not even being a mom is enough for her to keep going. Leia merely succumbs to Han's mojo by the end of Jedi and becomes a sidekick.

The only real strong female in the whole saga is that green dancer woman who stood up to Jabba.

dbates
03-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Leia, Amidala, and Mon Mothma were weak characters? Huh. . . :hmm: I'd never thought that when watching the movies.

Kimotion
03-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Mon Mothma. Too bad they cut her scene from Sith.

danielh68
03-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Strange, this article contradicts the one posted here. It states all characters will be new.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=18269

Here's a snippet " Itís going to be all-new characters, maybe a few bounty hunters in there to start the series off.Ē

monsterboy
03-16-2006, 12:48 AM

Precisely, this seems like a really bad choice of timeframe. Luke growing up on a desolate rock with nothing but womp rat culls and the Jawa's 'Scrap Find Of The Week' to write home about...

pogonip
03-16-2006, 01:35 AM
But itís fantastic; weíve got some incredible writers. Itís going to be much darker, much more character-based, and I think itís going to be everything the fans always wanted the prequels to be. Theyíll be one-hour episode. It takes place between Episodes III and IV. Itís going to be all-new characters, maybe a few bounty hunters in there to start the series off.Ē

Now that sounds really good . Finding out what happened while luke was growing up , have some Darth vadar action and the Emperor taking over the Galaxy ...sounds awesome I doubt there will be much of Lukes actual life in there but he'll probebly be in some episodes ! Darker and more character based ...sounds like it'll get back to the Empire roots !

angel
03-16-2006, 02:40 AM
Interesting, hopefully it will be good. BTW The expanded universe have plenty of strong female characters. Guri in Shadows of the Empire comes to mind and yes Leia, she eventually start to learn about the force from her brother, Leia's daughter is also trained. Maybe we'll see some characters get develop like Aura Sing, many fans were hopeing to see her in E2 as the bounty hunter hired by Jango Fett to kill Amidala.

ruinangel
03-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't think there were any "strong" females. Padme "lost the will to live," and not even being a mom is enough for her to keep going. Leia merely succumbs to Han's mojo by the end of Jedi and becomes a sidekick.

The only real strong female in the whole saga is that green dancer woman who stood up to Jabba.
That's really sad, and she got killed for it.... Does this imply Lucas as a sexist??

Titan
03-16-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm inclined to agree...the "luke growing up" storyline seems like yet ANOTHER rehash of tatooine..its locals..and characters.

AS far as strong females, I'd love to see a story based on Mara Jade, but I was really hoping for more of a story similar to knights of the old republic in that they visit a different time and place for the galaxy. It would be great to see fresh characters and planets that are purely original and not another repackaging of tatooine (which for an outer rim planet seems to have become the central mecca of the star wars universe.)

The thing I liked about star wars was the EPic feel of it all, you got a since of planets being blown apart, rebels struggling for survival on hoth or YAvin4...massive battles being played out, and dark commanders always trying to 1 up each other.....hearing that the series is gonna be about a whiney little farm boy growing up ( potentially my least fav character) is sort of a let down...

They'll have some big shoes to fill visually, dramatically, and stylistic in that BSG has raised the bar for a sci fi series...

How about a series based on Han Solo's imperial academy days...? sounds infinately more interesting than " bulls-eye-ing wamp rats in my t-16 back home" or " ahhhh but I was going to toshi station with my friends to pick up a power converter"

Kentaro
03-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Before people get in a complete uproar about the TV show nobody has yet to see. Other SW characters will be included in the i.e Bobba Fett(as a young buck for one). Wookies, aliens and maybe a young Han Solo(Maybe ??)

Its too early to tell whose not in. 100 episodes is alot of episodes and dont look for GL release to much info about the up bringing of Luke Skywalker.

We will see the bad guys, some clone troopers, imperial commanders, George is not stupid he'll bridge the series with some memorable characters. Just dont expect a Darth Vader, he swore to never return to Tattoine and he's keeping that pledge to himself.

There will be lightsabers, trust me

heavyness
03-16-2006, 05:02 PM
i've heard the following topics might be covered..

-Boba Fett : see how he became the best bounty hunter in the galaxy
-Rouge Squadron : see how the best star fighters came together.
-Rebellion : see how it was born

the first two are no brainers, everyone want more of the Fett, and the Rouge Squadron sold very well as game cause Wedge Antilles kicks so much ass [the real reason both star destroyers went boom]. and i remember Jimmy Smitts being on Conan O'Brian saying he was going to do the tv show [so as Senator Bail Organa, that brings in the Princess and Mon Mothma].

guest directors? all in favor or QT or Robert Rodriguez doing a couple episodes give me a hell ya!

rickmann
03-16-2006, 05:10 PM
I heard today that Lucas is co-writing the 100 episodes is that true?

Emmanuel
03-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Let me quote Vader on that:
"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

All I can say is that I hope the TV sho is "faster, more intense".
Would be hard though to admit that the *TV* show is better than all the prequels.
Anyway, I am looking forward to it, because I think it will raise the bar, give ILM money for bread and butter and probably will ruin the franchise for good.

JDex
03-16-2006, 09:35 PM
maybe a young Han Solo(Maybe ??)

Maybe they could cast Justin Timberlake. :D :twisted:

I'm all for it if it's good drama and an interesting, cohesive storyline. Hopefully it will be worthy of the name Starwars.

Frank Lake
03-17-2006, 01:28 AM
This is supposed to be interesting???

Sorry but this is in the same vein as those prequel scrap-heaps of movies. Drop dead brainless. It's gonna be boring as hell if you already know what happens. Grief, the period during the Empire is play'ed out already! Move on already! When people see the name Star Wars they expect galactic levels of story movement and character movement. Not some Smallvill-ish character drama. URGH!

I'd wish they'd drop the series in the post-Empire & pre EU era where the Empire is shrinking and the New Republic is taking it's place. Hella lot of story to be told there!! :cool:

Dragon_Lee
03-17-2006, 11:45 AM
"It would cover the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up that remains a mystery to most film-goers"

Does not mean it would indeed all be about the sandy rock and goodytwoshoes Luke...

All rumors and talk I caught here and there point towards the demise of the Jedi at large, through the hands of Darth Vader and the Emperor...
At some point there also was talk of prolongued flashbacks towards time frames long ago (saga of the sith lords was mentioned at one point)...
(and considering the clear mention of Darth Plagueis "the wise" in Ep3)

IMO Ep3 should be taken as "from a certain point of view", from that view it seemed no other jedi were still alive, but the galaxy is a grand place, and jedi were far spread, not all were at the front lines fighting in the war...

Unless the whole concept is botched and we get to see wookies start the rebellion together with their immensely mighty ewok cousins, and luke whine every time he has to bring in the crops every 3rd episode, I think the series will be fine :)

NO rougue squadron main element please! because it would not make sense star wars wise...Roque Squadron was a nice team but it came into being just in the year prior to ep 4...

WingedOne
03-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Maybe they can explain how Obi-Wan Kenobi aged 40 years during a 20-year time span. :curious:

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2006, 08:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.