PDA

View Full Version : Particle flow. How to have an animated mesh as a deflector

marciowski
03-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Hi guys,

I simply can't have a mesh with animated vertices beeing used as a deflector.
The Pflow can't understand the faces' animation. Only the ordinary transform animation.:shrug:

Can I solve it with a trick, script, a pray or anything else?

By the way, what is particle flow tools and how can I get this?

Regards

Marciowski

ZephyrStar
03-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Trick it by using morph targets? Or is that what you're doing already? I need to be at home and mess around in max to see...piqued my interest though because I don't think I've ever tried to do that. Sorry I wasn't more helpful :(

cheers

Chris

marciowski
03-15-2006, 04:42 PM
No man... it won't work. It's animated vertex too. None of the face deformations are working on it.
Here's an exemple. Two boxes, one with ordinary animation, the other, with the vertex animated. Check it out:
www.3dmentes.net/pflowtest.zip (http://www.3dmentes.net/pflowtest.zip)

Don't know why... This stupid thing is not oriented to de faces. That's the problem! I think it's going to work only with script, I guess.

Thank you, man

ZephyrStar
03-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah I see now...there'd be no way to trick it really :( I guess anything with vert transformation would do it. The only other option might be to use a bunch of little faces grouped together to emulate a surface, but it'd be more trouble than it's worth and probably kinda crappy looking :)

Anyway, good luck, I'm anxious to see how you solve the problem.

Cheers

Chris

Lordiego01
03-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Oh God...

I've tried doing this a million times to show an artery getting clogged.. but to no avail. It simply does not work. If you animate a deflector PFLOW seems to forget its there..

if you ever find out I wanna know!!!

feldy
03-22-2006, 04:41 AM
u deflector!

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2006, 04:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.