PDA

View Full Version : Transparency issues in 3D animation

scrimski
03-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone

got a strange issue here while creating an 3D animation in AE 6.5 Pro bundle(german version).
The object consist of various AI files for the blueprint like graphics and some colored and masked layers to colorize the blueprints and to illustrate some 3 dimensional depth and stuff.

Firts thing I noticed in a preview is a flickerin in the transparency( see upper part of attachment). Both samples are frames right next to each other - #0059 and #0060)., second one is the transparency of the black line element, which is actually in front of the grey part, but is treated like laying behind.(lower part of attachment)

I also have an error warning when switching to the top view which I can't explain
'After Effects Fehler: Suggested scale is invalid (zero?)

(26 404 )

What's going on, can somebody put my in the right direction? Any suggestions for a workaround?

Thank you in advance.

scrimski

Mylenium
03-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone

got a strange issue here while creating an 3D animation in AE 6.5 Pro bundle(german version).
The object consist of various AI files for the blueprint like graphics and some colored and masked layers to colorize the blueprints and to illustrate some 3 dimensional depth and stuff.

Firts thing I noticed in a preview is a flickerin in the transparency( see upper part of attachment). Both samples are frames right next to each other - #0059 and #0060)., second one is the transparency of the black line element, which is actually in front of the grey part, but is treated like laying behind.(lower part of attachment)

I also have an error warning when switching to the top view which I can't explain
'After Effects Fehler: Suggested scale is invalid (zero?)

(26 404 )

What's going on, can somebody put my in the right direction? Any suggestions for a workaround?

Thank you in advance.

scrimski

Answered on da COW.

Mylenium

scrimski
03-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks for that, but I'm still strugglng with these issues. After converting the vector paths into bitmaps at least the error message doesn't pops up anymore, the flickering seems to be solved too, but I'm still having problems with that blue parts.

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2006, 04:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.