PDA

View Full Version : TP challenge

basilisk
03-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Here is the challenge I have been landed with:
1. Object emits particles (so it looks like the object has disintegrated)
2. Particles fly along in spiral paths (looking like DNA)
3. Particles reassemble to make new object

This is not my idea, I hasten to add.

1. this is OK - use object as emitter
2. this is OK - use TP follow spline library object
3. not sure what the best approach for this is. I want to attract the particles towards the end object and get them to stick to it/merge into it.
There doesn't seem to be anything suitable in the TP library.

any suggestions gratefully received.

James

basilisk (http://basilisk.co.uk)

Tiziano
03-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Hi James,
Would you mind cross posting this over here:
http://www.3dattack.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

We do Xpresso/TP challenges all the time and I thought those who don't frequent this part of CGTalk might be interested.

hassan424
03-26-2006, 10:40 PM
I am by no means a proffesional or anytihng, infact i ahve only very limited experience with xpresso and the likes of, however i do have a suggestion.
Use PBLurp - found inthe Thinking particles part of the xpresso, - this will enable you to 'dissolve' one object into another, by fragmenting the first object, and then it useas the fragments to recreate the new object.
For the motion in between you could try adding in your own forces to control it, or use the motion inheritance node, to get the particles to follow for example a null object whihc has been algned to go along a spline.
Thus hopefully the object breask up, and then follow a helical pattern (you can use a hleix spline), and then comes back together at the end.

Please note this is a rough setup and so it would probably need a lot of tweaking

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2006, 10:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.