PDA

View Full Version : Animation for critique: hidden chicken

danyrey
12-17-2002, 06:51 PM
Hi, need some views and opinions on this one:

It is a take from our students project short, took me one day of animating to get it this far.

Download Me(DivX5.02, ~1/2MB) (http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~rezek/S06_E01_R011e.avi)

The stand is stiff, i know but it is supposed to be leaning with its back against the wall.

thx,
-daniel

Jozvex
12-22-2002, 11:29 PM
Hi Daniel,

A couple of things I can see:

1. The way he/she/it's (hehe) standing (eg straight up, head forward), it seems like all the weight would be on the front of it's feet, yet it's supposed to be leaning on the wall.

Perhaps moving the feet forward and tilting it's head back would convey more of a lean.

2. I'm guessing that at the start he's just run into this 'room' to get away from something, so that's why he's puffing. I think making him look around in quick panicky movements (making sure he's safe) would help.

Oh and his feet go through the floor a few times while he's puffing.

3. When he stands on one leg, I think there needs to be much more of a weight shift onto the other leg. Moving and tilting the body towards the other leg would help that.

Hehe those are just some ideas.

danyrey
12-23-2002, 06:29 PM
Thank you, very constructive!

hmm funnily i still dont know if it is a she or he ;) maybe more of a it.

In the shot before he looked back, so he knows he will be safe under where he is hidding, thats why i left the "panic look" out.

Maybe i could form a V with the two feet and spread them a bit more.

The feets are pulsing because they are mutating, not visible enough in that playblast.

Thx again

-daniel

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.