PDA

View Full Version : Best automated rigging setup?

Rick Davidson
03-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Hi all

Just wondering what you all thought of the utilities out there to create body rigs. Seems as though most are building their own, which I know is a tedious process. Are the scripts available just not up to scratch? I've taken a look at Setup Machine. Has anyone used it? Or any other prebuilt rigging utils? Would like to find a setup that will create a reasonably advanced rig to speed up workflow. Thoughts?

animationrigs
03-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Thoughts:
Automating anything that is tedious and repetitive is well worth it. I have not yet tried The Rigging Machine, but have worked with
Joint Factory,
Final Rig,
man something,
Various professional methods in production (professional meaning they were used in production) to include joint based, part based and script based systems.
and finally we decided to build our own. I can setup a demo of ours for you if you would like. It's in Beta, but you can still use it. The rigs have been tested (not by us, but by approximately 300 plus animators, students and small productions and continue to be tested daily) and they are supported. ie if you need a hand we can help you out.
www.animationrigs.com

Rick Davidson
03-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Hey thanks for that, yes would like to see how it works :) I've tried a few versions and probably the best I've seen is Packageman, fairly basic but a good starting point. Just would be nice to have something with more advanced features. Guess it's always difficult when the characters can vary so widely in shape etc.

animationrigs
03-15-2006, 12:54 AM
Sweet, packageman. I hadn't heard of that one. I'll check it out.

NolanSW
03-15-2006, 01:00 AM
For the bucks, Setup Machine is pretty cool. I've used it some. If your an animator, it's a dream since you don't have to worry about too much tech to put it together. I acutally took some of his ideas and rolled it into my own autoRigger. The Setup Machine gives the animator a ton of options which is the real power in it.

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.