PDA

View Full Version : cSmartBlend plug-in now available from Comet Digital

michaelcomet
03-13-2006, 02:00 PM
cSmartBlend plug-in now available from Comet Digital

I am pleased to announce cSmartBlend 1.00 for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
This plug-in allows for easier rigging and setup of blendshapes within Maya, and supports partial blendshape style deformation. This means you can chop off the head of a seamless character, create blendshapes and still drive the seamless mesh. It also has tools for easily re-building blendshapes when topology changes on your mesh. For more information please see the comet digital website at http://www.cometdigital.com/

Be sure to check out the Gallery Page page as it has a Maya demo movie of how the plug-in works.

New Clients:

Comet Digital would also like to welcome Pendulum Studios and Tippett Studios to our Client Page list as well.

Thank you,
Michael

sporadic
03-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Just got the email on this, and man does it look awesome. You've done it again. And the price can't really be beat. I hope you make up for the cost in volume, since you deserve it.

I was wondering. Maya 7 has some kind of 'distribute new topology to blendshapes' feature (I don't have 7, so I don't know how it works), so I was curious, what are the benefits of your system over theirs? Is yours just for your custom nodes, or does it work for regular blend shape nodes as well?

ThomasMahler
03-13-2006, 02:35 PM
That sounds great, Michael!

Currently downloading the movie, if it's as useful as it sounds, I'll definitely go for it, could save me tons of time for my short :)

Btw, have you ever updated your saveWeights.mel script? Back then it was a great help, but it didn't work with newer Maya versions anymore. Would be a great addition to cSmartBlend.

sporadic
03-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Hey, forget my last question. I was having troubles downloading the video, but once I got it, everything explained.

Looks really cool

michaelcomet
03-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi all,

Yeah my understanding though I have not played with it is the Maya 7 new topo stuff is a little different, I am thinking it requires history etc... In a production environment that doesn't always work or allow for that, I think cSmartBlend is probably more robust in that area.

As far as my free saveWeights script...it should work fine in any version of Maya. I've been using it, get the latest zip of all my tools from the comet-cartoons site and send me a personal email if you find something that isn't working...

comet

GatorNic
03-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Sounds awesome, can't wait to check it out.

Downloading the video now, although it is downloading super slow. Server is probably getting hit pretty good.

CGTalk Moderation
03-13-2006, 04:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.