PDA

View Full Version : AE + Windows Media HD

Squirrel
03-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi Folks!

I need to export my video from after effects with the windows media HD codec.
I installend windows media encoder 9, and suppose the codec should be installed now. but it dont show up when i try to render the movie from AE. When i choose windows media as output format i get only wm8, wm9 PAL and some streaming codecs.
I see that i can import some *.vpr files... but i have no clue where?
maybe u can help?

thx, cheers,
Squirrel

beenyweenies
03-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi Folks!

I need to export my video from after effects with the windows media HD codec.
I installend windows media encoder 9, and suppose the codec should be installed now. but it dont show up when i try to render the movie from AE. When i choose windows media as output format i get only wm8, wm9 PAL and some streaming codecs.
I see that i can import some *.vpr files... but i have no clue where?
maybe u can help?

thx, cheers,
Squirrel

First of all, AE uses the RGB color space while WM9 uses the YUV color space. According to Microsoft, exporting WM9 files from AE results in longer processing times and quality loss. I'm sure you want neither.

I would export in your usual format (animation codec?) and then use the Windows Media Encoder app (or some other compression software) to produce your final file. Better quality, plus this way you still have your full resolution master to output other formats from if needed.

Good Luck!

CGTalk Moderation
03-13-2006, 08:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.