PDA

View Full Version : Targa regression

avinashlobo
03-12-2006, 08:04 AM
There was a lot of confusion created with the release of Photoshop 7 regarding the targa file format and the way it handled transparency. While most people seem to think that Adobe got it wrong, they actually got it right for the first time in 7 versions! Unfortunately, user demand forced them into reverting back to the way it had always been and they haven't bothered with it since. Ideally, they should've offered both specifications and let the user choose which one he wanted.

Coming to the point of this post, I'm in the rather unfortunate position of requiring that my TGA sequences in After Effects 6.5 be rendered in the format as specified by Photoshop version 7 (and ONLY version 7.) In that particular format, there was no separate alpha channel stored, rather the transparency was an inherent part of the file. I currently use Photoshop CS2 and have no access to PS7 without being forced to purchase it.

I'm basically looking for either a way to do it directly from After Effects or for some way to convert the After Effects 6.5 TGA output to the technically correct TGA specification.

Any help/advice/hacks/anything would be much appreciated. Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2006, 08:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.